News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Simutrans Fb Fan page

Started by jarocks, March 02, 2011, 06:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarocks

So I was rather frustrated at the fact that I'm unable to list simutrans under my games in my facebook profile. Being that It's a game I have and still do play quite often, and given it's almost 2am here and I'm being spontaneous, I've went ahead and made a simutrans fan page. (Which in hindsight wasn't the best idea given I probably should have gotten permission first)

Which brings me to the part where I ask for permission/admins for the page.

Idk what exactly prompted me to do this but even games like tetris have fan pages, I think it's time we have one!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simutrans/158376840883545

and on that note I'm going to go pass out from exhaustion and lack of sleep for the past 48 hours. If this page is a problem for some reason, I will take it down immediately.

prissi

I think the main reason for a lack of fb pages is that none of the active administratios is on facebook? (I cannot tell, since I am not there, I have enough on my hand without social nets ... )

Fabio

Isaac and I are on FB, but the time for it is SOOOO short...

alexbaettig

I'm there too and I "Liked" it as well!

INJMVO

if you add it to games then the picture is too big
We miss the 136 persons on simutrans with a lower case s

I "liked" it as well

Zeno

Just let you know that there is already a group in fb that was created some time ago.
There are no admins in the group, and it is not very crowded indeed.

jarocks

Fixing the logo issue as we speak, glad to hear this idea is supported

Václav

I ignore FB and keep myself as far as it is possible from it.  8)

Advertisement for this game is surely useful but ... if it is too much of it, then result would be negative.  :-[

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

paco_m

I am not a FB user but what "negative results" do you fear?

Václav

There are two kinds of people - the first love all what has advertisement - and the second, of course, hate all what has advertisement. And the second kind may be greater and Simutrans may lost many players - because they would find game not so good as it could seem from amount of advertisement.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

paco_m

I think that this is not the case here, a simutrans group in a social network is not an aggressive advertisement. People who don't like advertisement don't use facebook & Co so they will never see it ;)
And what is bad about people that try it and leave again? Some will remain playing it and participating here, no matter if these are 10% or 0,1%

An_dz

Vaclav, you're something right. There's a Portuguese group for Simutrans on Orkut and it's more active there than the Int. Forum here. There are also addons being made there that are not posted here. But on FB I'm seeing more like people that want to show on their profiles that they play Simutrans than a conversation group.

jarocks

Can any of the admins who actually have facebook pm me? It would make sense for maybe a mod or admin to be able to admin the page.