News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Sim-Experimental doesn't start on Mac

Started by alexbaettig, March 06, 2011, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbaettig

If I try to start the Experimental build form here: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1894.0
an error occurs and it says that it cannot be started. If I then look at the error report it says:
"Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib"

But I have a SDL framework installed because the "normal" Simutrans works without a problem...

jamespetts

Hmm - it's difficult for me to assist with this, as I don't compile the Mac version, nor do I use Macs. One small thing that I can suggest is to start Simutrans with the -nomidi switch, which I know cures problems on some occasions. I'm not sure whether any other Apple users can help Alex here...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

alexbaettig

HEEEELLLP!!!

(Well this is a post to get once again on the unread posts list!)

@jamespetts
I couldn't find a -nomidi switch. Could it be that it is something to do with "No Midi"??

jamespetts

By "switch", I meant here a command line parameter, not a GUI control.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

alexbaettig

Ah, well I fear there is nothing with that name on mac. I even went through the manual (argggghhh!) and I couldn't find anything of that sort.

jamespetts

No, that's not what I mean: a command line parameter is something that one appends to the command to run a program (in this case, Simutrans) to change its behaviour in some way. So, instead of the command to start Simutrans being "simutrans-experimental", it would be "simutrans-experimental -nomidi". In Windows and Linux (I don't know about the Mac) command line parameters can be set in the shortcut to the application in question.

alexbaettig

I suppose the problem could be that Simutrans-Experimental is a .app bundle. I think that on on the other platforms it is different and I could not think of a place where to put this parameter – "terminal" can open the .app file but "-nomidi" is not accepted as valid. I'm at a loss... I'm not at all sure about anything right now.

jamespetts

Ahh - I'm really not familiar with the Mac platform - this version was compiled by somebody else some time ago, and I do not have a Mac system on which to test it. You could try compiling your own version from the sources?

alexbaettig

Oh dear, I'm really not that good at that, actually I have never tried and I don't know how to do it.
But I could try... I've got holidays right now so time is not the problem. I'll just have to read me into the topic...
The version I downloaded was built by Jtoomim.

jamespetts

Apologies that I cannot help further - if anyone else is able to help with the Mac build, I should be very grateful for such assistance.