News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Tourist attractions

Started by Tomas, October 26, 2008, 02:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sojo

Very very nice. Thats great!  :o

But. Its not a tourist attraction!?  :D :D  ;D
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Tomas

Quote from: Alex. Brose on January 29, 2009, 06:37:34 PMI'm missing some vegetation, though.
Vegetation is last step. First i need fix some "small" bugs (oblique round on top of tower, ...)

Q: can i use stoned city roads from last version of pak96.comic?

Quote from: sojo on January 29, 2009, 07:24:19 PMBut. Its not a tourist attraction!?
Yes and no... :) When you can, you can make old coal mine as museum or historical factory.

sojo

Yes. This is possible to make a museum.

You can for pak96.comic all use what is in the pakset. It will be at the pakset. So we have no problem. :)

vilvoh

Perhaps it's me but I think the circular wheel it's not well drawn. Seems a bit deformed (wider than high). The rest is excelent..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

Perhaps someone can help with that? We discussed this in cz subforum but no ideas so far how to make a wheel that looks nice in that angle.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Magic_Gorter

I haven't tried painting round things at the moment, but when painting buildings I make a template in 3d with autocad and paste it into ms paint. Perhaps trying that way it could be possible to make better circles.

Václav

This could be tourist attraction in pak96 too - while originally I prepare it to for pak128:

No texture on building surface (while it could be seen on landscape - but there it is so bad visible it is irrelevant).

Free translation of name from my native language: Mad architect monument.
... of description ... (#1): Construction of very high speed rail bridge was so expensive that only this pillar was built.
... of description ... (#2): ... of highway bridge ...

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

sojo

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on January 30, 2009, 11:56:35 AM
Free translation of name from my native language: Mad architect monument.
... of description ... (#1): Construction of very high speed rail bridge was so expensive that only this pillar was built.
... of description ... (#2): ... of highway bridge ...
That's funny. Great!

Magic_Gorter

I just gave it a try..... I hope I do not offend anybody with the try....

The "circle" on the right was the original one (as I think it was the circle) .....and my attempts are left and middle. I just tried to use most of the colors of the original but am not sure if it's right....you might do some repainting there....and also the center part.....if everbody finds the "circle" looking well enough.

So please respond on my attempt. If it's ok I know I can use it for future paintings and otherwise I must adjust it...

[attachment deleted by admin]

vilvoh

imho, now looks better, more rounded and proportionate...It may be used as a template, as you said.

Magic_Gorter

which one looks better. The left one or the middle one? I have another template with only three colors... with two colors you can see if you're looking at the outside or inside of the circle and the third color is used to point out where the 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree is of the circle and also the center...So please let know which you like best and I will post the right 3-color template.

DirrrtyDirk

Hard to say without isometric background...  ???

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

....I'm agree with DirtyDirrrk. It's difficult to apreciate something........It seems to me that both are good enough, but If I have to decide by one of them I woud choose the first one (the one on the left) 

sojo

;D ;D ;D Very nice attractions. Circles for lions?  :D :D :D

Can you use a new Thread?

DirrrtyDirk

sojo, they are talking about a better solution for this graphic (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=702.msg13697#msg13697) - and that's right here in this thread.  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Qayyum

I kinda fixed the circle part for Tomas ;D.

Can this mine be an industry in 1900s?

ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

gerw

For me, the circle still looks strange. But it's very hard to draw a circle in perspective. Even the famous Dürer, who used the perspective in arts first, failed, when drawing the ball in 'Melencolia I' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:D%C3%BCrer_Melancholia_I.jpg) - it's not perfect wrt. perspective.

Tomas

I think, now looks good. Thanks, Qayyum!

Tomas

Ok, i make some "bugfixes"  ;)

PS: sorry for double post :(

gerw

Now I got it! If you use rotation matrix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_matrix) to get the right perspective for the circle, you have to use
2 0
1 2.23

were 2.23 = sqrt(5)! You used 2 instead of sqrt(5).

Have a look at the picture.

vilvoh

Tomas

Ok, last version.
Thank you for your time :)

sojo

Very nice. I write it on my ToDo-List.  :)

Tomas

Super! At first position, please... ;D

sojo

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on January 30, 2009, 10:48:33 PM
they are talking about a better solution for this, graphic and that's right here in this thread.
But I think nobody who needs help will find this postings.

Alex. Brose

The circle is a little bit too big in my opinion.
However, a have a tip.  ;D Just paint a "wall" in the size of the wheel. Then just paint the circle in the wall. Done. See below.  :)

PlayTrans2009

Is this still in progress or is it done?

If it is done, may I have the .pak files?

I'm using pak96.comic and pak128.Britain. Mostly pak96.comic.
"More money means lesser friendship." Reason: Selfish.