News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[9.3]: index out of bounds after updating route

Started by Brambo, March 17, 2011, 07:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brambo

I got an error in Simutrans exp 9.3 (pakBritain.128 standard 1.08), whereby I got an index out of bounds error after updating a line (adding 1 or more random stations).

Screenshot:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BWL4NOBU

Save:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YWQNXF6T

To reproduce:
-Pause the game
-Find the line Oldham-Uckfield
-Update the line
-Unpause

Note: this savegame was ported from 9.2 (and before that, 9.1, 9.0 and 8.2), should that matter. Hope you can investigate this :)

Junna

Quote from: Brambo on March 17, 2011, 07:53:17 PM

Note: this savegame was ported from 9.2 (and before that, 9.1, 9.0 and 8.2), should that matter. Hope you can investigate this :)

I believe this does matter.

Save games from old versions are prone to bugs like this. I've never had this bug on any of my plays, but I've tended to avoid continual use of save games from prior releases. I did however experience some weird behaviours in Exp 7.1 with saves from 6.6.

jamespetts

Thank you very much for that report: I have found the problem, I think, and it seems to be fixed on my 9.x branch on Github. The fix will be included in the next release, Simutrans-Experimental 9.4.

Incidentally, I notice that you are using the Standard version of Pak128.Britain, and are playing with the timeline off. I recommend starting your next game with the timeline on, and using the Experimental specific version of Pak128.Britain, as many features are not used fully or at all without the timeline or the Experimental version of the pakset.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on March 18, 2011, 01:28:31 AM
Incidentally, I notice that you are using the Standard version of Pak128.Britain, and are playing with the timeline off. I recommend starting your next game with the timeline on, and using the Experimental specific version of Pak128.Britain, as many features are not used fully or at all without the timeline or the Experimental version of the pakset.

As regards using the standard set I've done that some times to avoid the weight limits; will the disabled weight limit feature be fixed in Exp sometime? Right now it doesn't work, the setting in config is ignored.

jamespetts

I wasn't aware of that issue - is it ignored even for new games?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on March 18, 2011, 12:48:15 PM
I wasn't aware of that issue - is it ignored even for new games?

It is. Changing the config parameter seems to have no effect on the weigh limit application.

jamespetts