News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Preparing for release

Started by jamespetts, May 28, 2011, 12:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I think that I have finally managed to get the physics code (discussed here working well enough to release version 9.6 of Simutrans-Experimental. The main change from 9.5 will be that it should be possible to play it in network mode even when the client and server are running on different platforms (for example, a Linux server and a Windows client). This has involved a great many structural changes, however, to remove floating point code, most markedly in the physics engine, but also elsewhere. There are also a few minor changes and bugfixes.

Before I release it, I should be grateful if anyone with the ability to compile from sources has the time to compile a version from the 9.x branch and test it, just to see that I haven' missed any bugs. I am very grateful for everyone's help in fixing these issues.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sdog

how much time is there until your planed release?

jamespetts

Very soon - I want to release 9.6 before I go away to-morrow.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.