News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Need for money type player?

Started by colonyan, October 28, 2008, 06:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonyan

I've found myself that I'm having fun when I start to have profit rate raising from 5% to 10%.
   If company earn more than around 25%, I dramatically looses interest in continue playing. (64pak v100 vanilla)

Its just too much money I can spend and I just slack and lay down and think of other things and leave the game.
   I love simutrans and keep motivation on it.
   Anyone feels like me....? ::)

Are there anyway make this game's profit rate much lower(between 5~10%)(higher if company is small)(lower if company larger)

[changing passenger value depending on company revenue and profit rate...? sound bad idea...]
   [may be tweaking running cost of vehicles make things better?]

Or time by time, an economic event happens so, time comes so that your money in reserve come to play the role?

vilvoh

I think you can get something like that just modifying some values from different sections in simuconf.tab.
industry stuff section--> beginner_price_factor --> put 500 (that means good prices will be the half)
money stuff section --> Uncomment some parameters related with cost and maintenance and put lower values.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

colonyan

Yup, I've tried that, but it was a matter of time to realize that it still make much profit. Engine is the same.
Say unmodified values earn several billions later. Make it half or quarter still is same thing. Maybe quarter of
astronomical money sitting there.

Now I'm trying to modify the speed bonus and see how it will work.

Otherwise, how about make that 0.15c per kilometer per passenger the BEST earning one can get from the fastest or
along the speedbonus config file?

PatrickN

It sounds like you fear winning. :D  Edit the map with a bunch of new industry chains, and fill out the ones you already have going to make them more efficient.

Of course, that will increase your profits even faster... ;)

Painter, in and out of retirement.

colonyan

fear winning..... Yes, maybe that's right. I like struggling.... only in game ^_^;