News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

can't launch ships

Started by ekhmuel, May 22, 2011, 10:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekhmuel

I don't know if it's a paK problem, but I'll put it here as I don't really know how the game is 'computationally' built (but I can play it.) :) I haven't seen this happen when I run the standard version as well.

Anyway, ships often won't launch for absolutely no reason on the brit pak. Its particularly annoying as I use shipping routes alot (nice low maint.) Things are OK if you use all canals, but if you try to get a barge to start at the depot (on a canal), cross a small lake and then enter another canal, it won't launch from the depot. Sometimes. (so its not that barges can't cross open water, because sometimes they have no problem.) When this happens, then I then can't launch 'real' ships on open water either! Any hints?

Paul

Briiliant game, picked up an early version from best old games a few years ago and got addicted. Found this new type yesterday and haven't even been to bed yet! (39 solid hours playing simutrans!)

jamespetts

Can I check - are you using the Experimental version? If you are, then this is probably related to way constraints - canal barges can only travel on rivers and canals, not open seas or lakes (the game cannot differentiate between lakes and the sea).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ekhmuel

I think i'm on the non-experimental version (I used the intall wizard tool).*

So does 'river' include the 'deep water rivers' (lakes that are really long and thin at the end of a 'proper river'?)

Also, sometimes it will allow it you see. (A bit odd watching the horse and barge in the middle of a lake, but there you go).**

And when this 'block' occurs, I can't launch any ships even the fishing boats on open water.

* How can I find out? Is there a 'symbol' somewhere?

** I've been toying about with starting the game in 1750 just to see how different it is.

jamespetts

I think that the install wizard works only with Standard, so it won't be a way constraints issue, in that case, as way constraints work only in Experimental: in Standard, canal barges can cross open oceans and transoceanic liners can navigate the narrowest of canals. Can you upload a saved game? Which version of Simutrans are you using?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ekhmuel

I'll try to 'replicate' it (it may be in a few days, as i'm now off to bed). I'll open and start games until I get the problem*, then upload the save and let you see.

Paul

* it always happens right at the start and carries on from there, in about 25% of games i've tried it in.

Dwachs

rotating the map should fix this.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.