News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Great Britain simulation in Simutrans Experimental

Started by Carl, May 25, 2011, 03:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

I tried a map of yours with pak.ngb in Extended a couple of months ago, and then it worked.

Fam, I think the first thing to check if it does not work:
Open config\simuconf.tab and change the value singleuser_install= to the opposite number of what it is (if it's a zero now, change it to one. Or if it's a one now, change it to zero). Whenever the game doesn't load properly for me, it's because that value has been changed (I use the one value, but James has the zero value on github), which it occasionally do when updating.

But I might be wrong and the pakset really isn't working in extended, I will test when I get home in a couple of days.

fam621

NoMorePacers

If you can't get it to work, then resort to using a legacy Experimental setup.

NoMorePacers

Old releases, Simutrans Experimental 11.35, the one before the new Extended.

fam621

But the thing is that the map I'm making wont work on it.

NoMorePacers

Keep it in a separate installation then.

fam621

I actually realized, really its the trains which I renamed which were renamed using Microsoft Word which crash the pakset. Link to the pakset which crashes: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzy63vjRdV2_RUxjN3c3c2Q0cXc. Also, do you use Word to rename the trains or Notepad? (Also, all the trains (excluding the Class 172 Chiltern) needs to be updated to allow overcrowded like on the other trains.

Lewis

The trains you've put are not Carl's they're made by me. They dont support overcrowding as I dont know how to do it.

fam621

Quote from: Carl on May 26, 2017, 06:31:52 PM
Do you mean altering the dat files? I do that in Notepad++.

Yes and the Chiltern Class 172 was made by Carl. Also, where do you put that line in? Also can you fix them for me please? :)

Lewis

Thanks Carl, once i have finished my GCSE's ill get around to doing it.

fam621

Quote from: Lewis on May 26, 2017, 08:02:42 PM
Thanks Carl, once i have finished my GCSE's ill get around to doing it.

Start of with my trains please. xD

Lewis

Just having a quick test however
It seems it does not want to be overcrowded.

using:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
obj=vehicle
name=Class 142 BR Provincial -1
copyright=CB
waytype=track
freight=Passagiere
speed=121
payload=55
overcrowded_capacity=50
cost=21000
weight=25
sound=2
RunningCost=20
bidirectional=1
comfort=90
power=1720
gear=50
tractive_effort=350
brake_force=38
rolling_resistance=13
min_loading_time=35
max_loading_time=60
intro_year=1985
intro_month=3
retire_year=1997
Constraint[Next][0]=Class 142 BR Provincial -4
EmptyImage=Class 142 BR Provincial .0.0
EmptyImage[E]=Class 142 BR Provincial .0.1
EmptyImage[SE]=Class 142 BR Provincial .0.2
EmptyImage[SW]=Class 142 BR Provincial .0.3
EmptyImage[N]=Class 142 BR Provincial .1.0
EmptyImage[W]=Class 142 BR Provincial .1.1
EmptyImage[NW]=Class 142 BR Provincial .1.2
EmptyImage[NE]=Class 142 BR Provincial .1.3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carl

To check - are you compiling this with the Experimental/Extended version of Makeobj?

fam621

Lewis, if that work's, can you do the same for the trains that I linked in an earlier post please? :)

Lewis

Thats where my problem is, I am only using the normal Makeobj. I'll get the experimental version and try that.

NoMorePacers

I agree - now, moving on to the GB map, and what has been progressing so far.

IgorEliezer

(this post is related to removed off-topic posts)

Fam, you -- probably -- aren't aware of a golden rule in every forum on the Internet: If someone opens a thread to discuss "X", then "X" must be discussed. Otherwise, it will be considered off-topic and, if persisting, spam.

I've removed the off-topic posts. Please don't derail topics.

fam621

Carl, just a quick question, how did you build the Channel Tunnel for the Eurostar trains, because I am trying to more or less the same thing and it wont work, can you give me some tips please?

Carl

Once you have a tunnel entrance, you have to lower the tunnel further in order to take it below the sea. Do this by using the 'lower land' tool on the end of the tunnel.
http://imgur.com/l5j3pFh

fam621

Ik that but it wont build the track when lowered.

Carl

Difficult to know what to suggest without seeing the specific situation. You could try in a more general thread.

fam621

Carl, (when you have the time and the patience to) can we talk about the signalling please in another thread when you have time because I am really interested in finding out if the signalling will be updated to work in Simutrans Extended.

Carl

From what little I have read about the Extended signalling, it sounds like a pretty daunting task - and a lot of work for comparatively little benefit. I doubt I'll be doing it any time soon, I'm afraid.

fsxfsx

Carl, ive tried about 30 times to download your maps but the links does not work, especially the dropbox links. Could u please post somewhere its possible to download from?

Carl

The most recent dropbox link should work:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/usnfhzto624surb/UK-Mar17.rar?dl=0

Dropbox has recently changed its link formats, so earlier links will no longer work.

fsxfsx

Where do i extract the different files?

fam621

Carl

Not too much to add at the moment. I've not done very much since the last update. Working up the East Suffolk Line - will re-upload when that's finished. The next couple of months should give me a little more time. Will be nice to get an update on here though, because the last one is buried behind a lot of posts.