News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Dat files for res, com and ind buildings

Started by Václav, June 02, 2011, 10:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

May it be that some of you have already known about my latest project for pak128 - residential building - house-block based on idea of Alex Brose and his deed for Pak96.comic.

I need to know how to assemble my art to they could be built as is needed for house-block completion

Here you can see work previews

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

I did a fast search, but haven't found anything, but I'm almost sure I've read something about how to do it on SNFOS or pak96.comic sub-forum on German Forums, I think someone created something similar and there was a link to download the source there.

Dwachs

You have to define dimensions 1,1,X with X = 1,2,4,8. The orientation you can see in the quote below. Here the characters '-', '+', '|' refer to streets, the numbers are the rotations of the building.

That is to be able to build a rectangular block of 8 different buildings, you have to define dimension = 1,1,8.

Please add these information to the wik after you got it working!

/*******************************************************
* this are the layout possible for city buildings
dims=1,1,1
+---+
|000|
|0 0|
|000|
+---+
dims=1,1,2
+---+
|001|
|1 1|
|100|
+---+
dims=1,1,4
+---+
|221|
|3 1|
|300|
+---+
dims=1,1,8
+---+
|625|
|3 1|
|704|
+---+
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Václav

Thanks, Dwachs. With this I can complete that house.

VS

I tested this a bit... the code is not 100% reliable, I think facing T-junctions gives some problems :P Nevertheless, the behaviour Dwachs describes is generally correct.

Attached is a testing house for 128-sized paksets, which literally shows you the rotation chosen :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

Here you can download test of that building. As it is clear from pictures linked above, it is for pak128.
Build_time = 5000
intro_year = 1950
retire_year = 1975

I am sorry for unwanted white pixels on edges. They will be removed in next version.

Václav

Quote from: Dwachs on June 05, 2011, 09:02:58 AM
Please add these information to the wik after you got it working!

dims=1,1,8
+---+
|625|
|3 1|
|704|
+---+

It works fine.