News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Some tourist attractions (UFO incident and others)

Started by vilvoh, November 02, 2008, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

It's needs a 3x6x2 template. The scale is not bad at all. See the building in action..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

edson

vilvoh, recommends you use the first image or the second ???

prissi

Even though it is most likely original size, I would suggest to shorten it a bit to fit it more into simutrans world. Ideally I would get 2x2 size, then it could replace the old kathedral.

edson

Look at it after some modifications:

What do you need to change something?
vilvoh, I used the first image, she fell into a 4x2

I used Google Translate ! ;D

prissi

Second rotation would be great; otherwise this will forbid map rotation ... Should not too difficult with 3D modells though.

vilvoh

Have a look at this screenshot...

Now, comparing the whole, I think the small one fits better. a 2x2 size, as prissi suggested, would seem very small imho, but you can make the test. Btw, there're some white zones near the borders that should be removed for the final release.

VS

I like the small version better, too. Very nice!

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

edson

Traces of white bugs fixed, look the image:

Next step, add the colors of night and winter version!

I used Google Translate ! ;D

vilvoh

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

DO not misunderstood me. The one on the previous page is very beatiful. However, a replacement for the current 2x2 cathedral is alsodesired. That was, why I suggested also a little shortening for a standard cathedral replacement.

vilvoh

You're right, I'm afraid I do misunderstood you. I'm sorry.. :P  Anyway there must be a better candidate for replacing the pak64 old cathedral that fits better in a 2x2 template, like Sacred Family cathedral at Barcelona, Spain, for example

prissi

This is rather pak comic I suppose?

MAybe we can use the same, there is already a google sketchup file for it:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b783e29d0c5c4113afd215d34bcb5695&prevstart=0

The Hood

What is the deal on using these google sketchup files for simutrans pak releases?  Do we need to get permissions or are they already open-source by being released up there for download?

vilvoh

That was already discussed here and the conclusion we got was..

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on April 16, 2009, 03:11:25 PM
[..] technically, the creator retains copyright, but anyone could freely use anything uploaded for Simutrans.

The Hood

vilvoh

Archaeological sites WIP...

I think I'll have to add something on the background because at some climates it's difficult to distinguish the fossil..

Alex. Brose

vilvoh

A new WIP of Archaeological sites, the release is very close.. ;D

AP

Quote from: vilvoh on July 08, 2009, 08:56:49 PM
Have a look at this screenshot...

Now, comparing the whole, I think the small one fits better. a 2x2 size, as prissi suggested, would seem very small imho, but you can make the test. Btw, there're some white zones near the borders that should be removed for the final release.

I think the big one is far more realistic in terms of scale. Those mediaeval cathedrals are huge.
EDIT: it's the tower blocks that are too small, in fact.

vilvoh

The Archaeological sites attraction is finished and ready for downloading.

kylejoszef

edson

Click on the small print on top of your post and the bottom of this post: :-*
Quote from: vilvoh on August 20, 2009, 04:18:06 PM
The Archaeological sites attraction is finished and ready for downloading.

vilvoh

A new tourist attraction for inside the city called Tetsujin 28-go a.k.a. Gigantor

colonyan

z9999

Quote from: vilvoh on September 18, 2009, 08:35:43 PM
A new tourist attraction for inside the city called Tetsujin 28-go a.k.a. Gigantor

[off-topic]
The original one will come at the end of this month.
http://www.kobe-tetsujin.com/
http://www.kobe-tetsujin.com/monument.html

vilvoh

I wanted one for my house, but my backyard isn't larger enough... :::)

Diegote

Quote from: vilvoh on July 05, 2009, 11:48:09 PM
Finally, I've finished the Big Ear. I added an extra antena, several trees and bushes, and the fence. Its chance is low, so probably it won't appear often, one or two by map as much. The intro date is 1951.

Very good!  :award:
Can you create a version for pak128?

vilvoh

I may try it, but I don't know if it will be detailed enough for pak128 standard. I'll upload the sources to graphics.simutrans.com in a few days.

Btw, Prissi told me that perhaps it will be included in the next pak64 release.. ;D

Spike

Quote from: vilvoh on September 21, 2009, 09:24:56 PM
I may try it, but I don't know if it will be detailed enough for pak128 standard. I'll upload the sources to graphics.simutrans.com in a few days.

Btw, Prissi told me that perhaps it will be included in the next pak64 release.. ;D

I'm interested, too, please let me know once the sources are there :)

vilvoh

As always, the graphic sources for pak64 scale are available at graphics.simutrans.com >> vilvoh's gallery (link). If you want I can send you the dat file.

Spike

Quote from: vilvoh on September 21, 2009, 09:38:59 PM
As always, the graphic sources for pak64 scale are available at graphics.simutrans.com >> vilvoh's gallery (link).

Ah, thanks :)

vilvoh

Here it is. The Gigantor monument. It appears in cities with more than 3500 citizens.

vilvoh

Finally, I think I've found a good set of textures for the cathedral. Now, I just need to add some trees and a fence. Here you have a preview, with a comparison between the old cathedral and the new one.