News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Some tourist attractions (UFO incident and others)

Started by vilvoh, November 02, 2008, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

I'm making this tourist attraction based in something I saw sometime ago in a pixel art forum. It's a pair of aliens that have had an accident. The army is the first to arrive there. It'll be desert climate only.

EDIT: preview updated

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

I'm sure there isn't any directive "no aliens in Simutrans". And it isn't much of a military, only a green jeep... approved :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Mulder and Scully have copyright so I didn't have more options..in earlier sketches, there was an army helicopter, but I remove it because it took a lot of space. It's based on Roswell incident.

P.S: There are not soldiers because they've been abducted... ::)

IgorEliezer

Quote« Last Edit: Today at 08:43:20 PM by vilvoh »

Pfff.... too late. I was about to post saying:

"Where is the tourist attraction you said? I'm not seeing any. By change, has it been abducted?"

;D

vilvoh

I've updated the preview. Now the aliens glow, the impact crater is more dirty and I've added the desert ground texture. I've corrected lights position, too.

VS

Are you aware of the fact that you can cut the two aliens from base image, put them into FrontImage[]=*blahblah and have them glow whatever color you choose, apart from the special ones? Or at least theoretically it should be possible.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

VS

And did it work?

I always talk about this but never tried it ;)

IgorEliezer

May I make a suggestion?

I think this add-on would fit better in pak96.comic.

vilvoh

Quote from: VS on November 03, 2008, 08:39:29 PM
And did it work?

I haven't tried yet. Anyway, I don't remember if there are big buildings animated (2x2 or larger)

Quote from: IgorTekton on November 03, 2008, 08:56:34 PM
I think this add-on would fit better in pak96.comic.

:-\.... I'm not sure. It has no comic style, but is true that it's quite informal. Let me finish it and we'll see.

PatrickN

It reminds me of some graphical errors I had when I made future.pak and the saucer ship flew through some buildings.

I like it.

Painter, in and out of retirement.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: vilvoh on November 03, 2008, 11:44:35 PM
:-\.... I'm not sure. It has no comic style,

I know. I know that graphic style is not a comic's one. But I was talking about its theme.

vilvoh

Well, this might demostrate that we're not alone in Simutrans world..

vilvoh

I still have to polish some details, but you can see it in action on this short video (the music was an obvious choice... ::))

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=NzY0t5hTZxU

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: vilvoh on November 10, 2008, 10:39:32 PM
(the music was an obvious choice... ::))

Yes, I knew what I was going to hear even before I clicked - hell, I was actually already whistling it, before I clicked.  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

While I finish the UFO incident, I have time to create this Poseydon temple. The design is not mine, is from a pixel-art website. I used GIMP to create the water effect, but the final version will be in 3D. I have to fix some textures and add a fence, too.

vilvoh

UFO incident, renamed to Close Encounters of the First Kind, finished... Its chance and passengers level are not very high, therefore it won't be very common. I don't want to see any alien invasion in Simutrans.. :)

emaxectranspoorte

Quote from: vilvoh on November 23, 2008, 08:19:43 PM
UFO incident, renamed to Close Encounters of the First Kind, finished... Its chance and passengers level are not very high, therefore it won't be very common. I don't want to see any alien invasion in Simutrans.. :)

Yes, although we might need poseidon's help, sometimes, for an extension request made before, ;) IMHO. :)

BTW, Good Job, with these add-ons, vilvoh. :) Although this time, I'm a bit late in seeing them (November -> January). ::)

vilvoh

We already know that we're not alone in Simutrans universe, but now it's time to put in contact with them. That's the reason why SimuSeti project was created, and this is its radio-telescope, called "The Big Ear".

It's based on an addon I saw at Simcity forum, but adapted to Simutrans. I've to fix the scales and add the details to buildings (windows, roofs, etc..) and ground (trees, people, roads, security fences, etc..) but until now, the result is better than I expected.. ;D

Silver

Is similar to that in Brazil.
I have bad memory jijiji, this excellent your addon..

Spike

I missed the UFO incident when it was posted, but I want to say I like the idea :)

And the "big ear" radiotelescope it great, too!

vilvoh

Another work in progress: Kingsbrigde Cathedral from the famous novel "Pilars of the Earth"

EDIT: image updated to v0.4

Spike

vilvoh

Thanks Hajo. After reading the novel I became a big fan of the author, and I also though it was a good opportunity to replace the original cathedral that appears at pak64, which if I remember correctly was painted by Raven, wasn't it? In addition, It was going to be my two cents for the pak128.Britain project... The image that inspires this object is this wallpaper

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Ah, it's a pity we don't have pak512 to show off all the detail you'd have to add for such a pak... hehehe

(nevermind only seeing a few tiles on the screen - it'd be beautiful! hehe)

VS

The 2x2 cathedral in 64 is made from photo of some famous real world building... can't remember anymore which one it is though. Hajo could tell us ;)

Spike

Quote from: vilvoh on May 18, 2009, 09:05:58 PM
Thanks Hajo. After reading the novel I became a big fan of the author, and I also though it was a good opportunity to replace the original cathedral that appears at pak64

Sounds like a good idea. The old image never really fit well into Simutrans, and the new cathedral will be a nice replacement. the idea of having photorealistic images never really took off, better to go with the style that most existing buildings have.

I think I'll use the new cathedral for pakHajo.Evolution too, once you tell it's ready :)

vilvoh

The dat file, cur-city.dat, at the SVN doesn't say anything about who owns the copyright... :-\

70 Obj=building
   71 Name=A6_DOME
   72 Type=cur
   73 Passengers=50
   74 Build_Time=1400
   75 Chance=20
   76 Dims=2,2
   77 intro_year=1520
   78 retire_year=1931
   79 climates=tropic,mediterran,temperate,tundra
   80 BackImage[0][0][0][1][0][0]=cur-city.1.4
   81 BackImage[0][0][0][0][0][0]=cur-city.1.3
   82 BackImage[0][0][1][0][0][0]=cur-city.1.2
   83 BackImage[0][1][0][0][0][0]=cur-city.1.1
   84 BackImage[0][1][1][0][0][0]=cur-city.1.0
   85 BackImage[0][0][0][1][0][1]=cur-city.1.9
   86 BackImage[0][0][0][0][0][1]=cur-city.1.8
   87 BackImage[0][0][1][0][0][1]=cur-city.1.7
   88 BackImage[0][1][0][0][0][1]=cur-city.1.6
   89 BackImage[0][1][1][0][0][1]=cur-city.1.5

vilvoh

I'm still working on details of the Cathedral, meanwhile I've done these size tests for other paksets.

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

VS

What do I have to pay if I need a few industries? ;D

vilvoh

Thanks for the praises. I'm glad you like it.. :)

Quote from: VS on May 25, 2009, 07:23:39 PM
What do I have to pay if I need a few industries? ;D

It will be free because I have a lot of industries in my to-do list, and probably all will be included in the future pak64.industry pakset I'm working on with Rainer and some people more.

Spike

Quote from: vilvoh on May 25, 2009, 09:04:32 PM
It will be free because I have a lot of industries in my to-do list, and probably all will be included in the future pak64.industry pakset I'm working on with Rainer and some people more.

That's good news :) I have ideas for one or two more industry chains for pakHajo.Evolution, and I'll need some factories and shops, so there is hope to be able to borrow from your work once ready.

vilvoh

Well, right now we are just making plans. Then, we surely ask for suggestions.