News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[PATCH] Spacing time now counts as loading time.

Started by inkelyad, June 16, 2011, 09:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkelyad

https://github.com/inkelyad/simutrans-experimental/tree/spacing_and_loading

Example:

spacing 1 cnv/m , convoy loading time is 00:15

Before patch:
Arrival time: 23:30 -> Departure time: 00:15
Arrival time: 23:55 -> Departure time: 00:15

After patch:
Arrival time: 23:30 -> Departure time: 00:00
Arrival time: 23:55 -> Departure time: 00:10

jamespetts

Inkelyad,

thank you for this. Apologies for not having had chance to look into this or your other patch yet - I have been very busy this week, unfortunately, and have not had a great deal of time for working on Simutrans. I have been trying to integrate the latest changes from Standard into Experimental, which is a somewhat time-consuming task, and I shall have to complete that before returning to fix the latest set of reported bugs and apply the latest patches.

In the meantime, if anybody would like to test and/or comment on this patch, I should be very grateful. Thank you, Inkelyad, for your contribution.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

inkelyad

EDIT: Oops. I have found logical error in this patch. Don't use it.

inkelyad

Now, 9.x don't crash instantly. I can publish fix for this patch. Github link

+ It will show tooltip counter while convoy wait for loading.

I was forced to add new variable to convoi_t => savegame format change.

James, please put right versions in simversion.h and line 3205 of simconvoi.cc if you merge this.

jamespetts

Inkelyad,

thank you very much for that. That looks very interesting. As it requires an increment to the major version, it may be a little while before I am able to integrate it (as I tend to like to have several enhancements at once for major version increments), but this does look promising (although I have not evaluated it so far). I do like the look of using a more intelligently formatted expression of time for convoy loading in the depot window, too.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

I have now conducted some preliminary testing with this. One comment so far: the tooltip display for showing loading time remaining in seconds is very useful, but it might be clearer to mark it "Loading: 0:13" (etc.), rather than just giving the number.

inkelyad

Quote from: jamespetts on July 06, 2011, 10:44:03 PM
One comment so far: the tooltip display for showing loading time remaining in seconds
It is not seconds. It just looks like this when bits_per_month = 19
but it might be clearer to mark it "Loading: 0:13" (etc.), rather than just giving the number.

Here. Or merge my spacing_as_loading branch.

jamespetts

Thank you for that: that is a good improvement. Might I ask: if the numbers are not minutes and seconds, what do they represent? I suspect that I am missing something obvious in asking that...

inkelyad

It is same code as for show_month = 1 ( Month = 24h, no date).

jamespetts

Ahh - doesn't that have the potential to be confusing when players are using a different show_month setting?

inkelyad

When player do precise calculations about spacing/waiting time it is better to have stable counter.
(when date involved Jul = 31d = 744h=44640min, Feb=28d=672h=40320min for same number of ticks).
I think they figure it out. For all others players it will be just a counter.