News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Snow behavior for tunnels

Started by Václav, June 24, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

This would not be true extension - but only correction of something what seems be quite strange - at least to me.

1. Snow track inside tunnel: if any way has snow version - and tunnel is built on snowed slope, snow version of way has been used inside tunnel - but inside tunnel snow cannot be !  ??? :o

2. Snow entrance: tunnel entrances should be count as built on upper level - and why? Look at this picture

Roof of tunnel entrance is in level with snow but track is in level without snow - and so summer face is used - and it looks very bad - regardless of it is quite awful anyway (some self-critics). For this reason tunnel entrances should be count as built in upper level.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

greenling

The Bridge and the tunnel cam out czech.
there hat i be first be view.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Václav

Yes, you are right ... I am one who has to know it best because I am author :D - else I could not write about awfulness of that tunnel.  ;D

alexbaettig

I've got no idea about your tunnel problem but if you're already at it you could also ask about your bridges too if you didn't yet change it… I'd be really greatful! Remember the screenshot contest with the coal train on your bridge? I had to wait about ten minutes for getting to the season when the whole bridge was snow free…

An_dz

Good points Vaclav, I support this 'extension'.

Off-topic:
Hey, I liked that rail, it will look great on 96comic. Is it for pak128?

Václav

alexbaettig:
1. described behaviour is common issue; I used screenshot with that tunnel and bridge only that I had not else screenshot
2. you are right: that bridge and tunnel needs repainting - and new face of them will be painted

An_dz:
1. It is for pak128 - and it is very old version. Currently I am painting new version. So if you would like to have sources, you asked for it at the time - as someone can say five minutes before twelve.
2. Because it is painted in vector editor, I can easily re-export into pak96.comic scale - but what all? (ask me via PM)