News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Exp9.9 Huge financial problem.

Started by AvG, June 24, 2011, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvG

Running Exp9.9.
Gave in a scenario with 9.8 a profit of 5.000.000Cr in 10 monthes.
This sum is with 9.9 gone in a couple of DAYS.
Observations:
- Transport-fee for 250m is 4 times higher than 1000m. (via i-settings in running scenario)
- Running train profit is negative when running. OK!!
  Is a lot more negative when unloading. Should be positive influence.
Conclusion:
Combined with the "Line-crash" this Exp9.9 is NOT usable.

Please check and make a patch for this (9.9a)
You can also mail me an inbetween .exe for QA-activities.
AvG

Edit: BTW: What should the passengers-fee be for 250m?
Ad van Gerwen

ӔO

I got this too, but I think it'll only happen on scheduled lines.
Despite what it says in the management window before the update, it's 1 convoy every 24:00 and in turn, a lot of passengers get their money back.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

AvG,

thank you for your report. I have looked into this: it turns out that the mechanism for changing the distance scale from within a running game, and not by using simuconf.tab, did not work properly, because the scale of most things are set once and for all at map initialisation, and in some cases (especially way maintenance, which is summed into a single global figure whenever a piece of way is added or removed), it is very difficult indeed to unpick that once it is set up. For that reason, the option to change the distance per tile in the settings tab will be removed in the next version. It will still be possible to view the scale in the map window by choosing "show scale".
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

9.10 now released, which no longer allows (incompletely) changing the distance scale from a running game.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.