News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Bug in translation or in pak vehicle names, based on Whyte notation

Started by EnternalD, June 26, 2011, 12:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnternalD

As some people know, Whyte notation is one of the earliest systems used to classify steam locomotives:
number in wheels in front - number of powered wheels - trailing wheels number. So pacific locomotives have 4-6-2, Mogul's 2-6-0 and so on. In pak128 there something wrong,in name for Mogul'ish Raven train is 2-3-0 instead of 2-6-0 (or it was meant 1/3/0 if other system used).
The same goes for some trains, some strings are correct some aren't. I'm using latest nightly.
If object name is faulty,than no wonder, that bug progressed upwards in translator, if it is English translation error, then someone move this thread to translation bugs section.

VS

Noted. It is well possible that the bug is in original name. But there are good reasons to not change it, since all translations would be removed. We'll see how this turns out...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

VS

Finally took a look at the vehicles, and it's indeed the internal object names that are wrong. So, all of this will have to be solved with translations. I'm not sure how to do this; translators don't really read forum much... I think.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

EnternalD

Quote from: VS on July 13, 2011, 10:42:07 PM
Finally took a look at the vehicles, and it's indeed the internal object names that are wrong. So, all of this will have to be solved with translations. I'm not sure how to do this; translators don't really read forum much... I think.
Well I am working with translations from time to time. I will upgrade mine ;D

Václav

Quote from: VS on July 13, 2011, 10:42:07 PM
I'm not sure how to do this; translators don't really read forum much... I think.
:-[
I am worried about it is a little more difficult. I would improve translation of this vehicle at least for our language (it means Czech) ... but I would like to how to do it if translator has not run for pak128 since its transfer on sourceforge SVN - or is needed to ask chiefs for allowing SVN access?

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní