News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

plane graphical issues?

Started by 13jlin, July 08, 2011, 08:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13jlin

Hi, i'm new here. so feel free to tell me to shut up, but i noticed a couple of slightly annoying issues since i updated to 110.0.

This is the first one. underground planes, which i'm quite sure isn't supposed to be.

this is the second one, which bothers me a bit more. the shadows under planes on the ground arn't there anymore, so they feel like they're "floating" there. compare pic 1 above (old) with pic 2 below (new) to see the absence.

edit: I meant planes that are on the ground. ie at stops, are missing their shadows. planes in the air/ landing are fine.

Dwachs

These bugs are due to the program, they are not pakset specific.

Edit: The first bug should be fixed in the nightly r4692. You saw that airplane since it is direclty over the tunnel mouth.

The second bug (absence of shadows) is hard to fix without running into graphical clipping errors again. It would be relatively easy to turn them on, but then there will be clipping errors with airplanes on ground.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

13jlin

perhaps a move then to an appropriate venue,such as simutrans engine bug reports?

edit: how would i go about turning them on? it irks me, as they don't "look right". also, it works in 102.2, so why not in 110.0?

prissi

I rather would have clipping errors (which happens with airplanes anyway a lot, since they are often larger tahn the terminal and overlap with it. No clipping could slove such issues anyway. No shadow looks worse for me than shadows with some clipping errors.

13jlin

thanks for the support. any chance someone can point me in the direction of the code/line that enables the shadows?

prissi

simvehikel.cc line 3845
change to "if(bild != IMG_LEER) {"

If you want tooltips, you have to delete the "else" in line 3872. That is all.

13jlin

ummm.... i have no doubt i am missing  something incredibly obvious. I cannot find where this line of code ought to go.
edit: i know it goes in the source, but how do i get to the source code?