News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Problems with SVN

Started by wernieman, November 04, 2008, 12:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wernieman

Hey,

Sorry, but the Server have at now a problem with her Harddisk. I go to work and then I look, where the problem is and how I can resolve it

(P.S. At now no nightlys ... same problem)
I hope you understand my English

VS

Do you sometimes backup the data?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

yes ... but I not make a test, if the backup is O.K. ....

So .. I hope I get it work :o(

wernieman

1. It is not so baaaaad, because the HD is working  :D
2. I don't know why the server not boot .... so it is baaaad...  :-\
3. The server boot knoppix, so it is not so bad ....  :)
4. .... but the server will not booting normal ...  ???

I working on the problem ; 8)

wernieman

Whait ... not I, the server work on the problem  ;D

IgorEliezer

Oh well... I had thought that you were working on problem in order to fix it. ;D

VS

By the way, yesterday I committed a few MBs in one go, maybe that has something to do with it?

If yes, I'm sooooooooorry ;) - yesterday was a bad day, I broke almost everything I set my hands on.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

I don't know ....

The boot-sektor of the harddisk have a problem ....

btw, when have you commit the changes??

VS

Last log entry in my cache is from 3 days back, so I do not know exactly. Probably between 9 and 12 in the evening.

Now I tried also autocomplete for commit message - that's a history too ;) There was on smaller commit (~2MB I think) and then the big one, maybe 5MB. And then one little.

wernieman

I look, when the Server is running.

At the moment he reinstall grub, the the kernel and then ..... i hope ...

Edit:
READY!!!! Can you test it please??

VS

Yes, it works well. Thanks for your help!

wernieman

Thank you for your testing!

P.S. next week I implement a automatikly daily backup ....