News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Exp 9.12 Fatal error when loading game

Started by Leva, July 18, 2011, 04:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leva

Hi,
I have a problem when I try to load a savegame.
I'm using the simutrans-expreimental 9.12 and pak128 + some addons.
Only when loading this one game it says every time:

FATAL ERROR:
quickstone<T>::quickstone_
tpl(T*,uint16)
slot (1013) already taken
PRESS ANY KEY

This happened after I last time saved the game and tried to load it again.
I don't know what to do now, please help me.

jamespetts

Leva,

sorry that you are having problems, and also, welcome to the forum. It seems as if something went wrong when the game was being saved, and one of the halts, convoys or lines were saved with the wrong id number, such that, when it tries to re-load the game, it finds a duplicate and won't start properly. Did anything unusual happen when you were saving the game? Do you have any autosaves?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Leva

When I save in simutrans it gets really slow and doesn't work very good, but it seems normal to me as it happens every time.
I don't have any autosaves... so I cannot play that savegame anymore?

jamespetts

It's hard for me to tell whether the problem is resolvable or not without seeing a copy of the saved game, and being able to look at the code in a debugger (which is not currently available to me, as I am staying with my parents). From your description, however, a corrupted saved game seems most likely, although it is not clear why the problem has arisen in the first place.

When you say that "it gets really slow and doesn't work very good", do you mean by "doesn't work very good" anything other than the slowness itself? If so, can you describe the problems that you get? Did anything unusual happen on this particular occasion? What are your computer specifications?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Leva

I uploaded the savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/?hk75iv990uttsp8

With the "doesn't work very good" I ment that simutrans gets stuck on the background and doesn't respond in clicks or anything like that, but I can do other things with my computer same time. It takes some time until it shows a message that the game is saved, after that it works normaly. This happens to me every time when I save a big map, so I don't think there was anything unusual happening when I last time saved that game.

And I don't know about my computers specs but it should work fine with simutrans (at least it works fine with newest games), I'm using windows xp.

jamespetts

Leva,

it is normal for Simutrans to take some time to save a large map. In relation to testing your game - I have remembered that you are using addons. It won't be possible to test it unless I know exactly what addons that you are using, or else it won't be possible to load your game. If the problem occurred during saving, however, it may well not be possible to find the problem at this juncture, as this is not something that happens very often.

I do recommend turning the autosave feature on (it is on by default in the configuration files that come with Experimental) to prevent loss if anything happens when you are playing.

Leva

Okay, I tried to make this as small as I could: http://www.mediafire.com/?hk75iv990uttsp8
It contains all the addons I use with the pak128.
Hope something can be done.

I turned the autosave back again, learned that even though it makes the game slow down when saving, it is much better to be able to play the savegame than to start a new map from the scratch everytime.

jamespetts

I'm afraid that your download didn't contain any addons - just the save file, so I couldn't open it with copy of Pak128.

Leva

Ok, I guess that something went wrong with my uploads.
Thanks for trying to help me with my problem, but I desided to start a new game so I don't need help anymore :)