News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Products based on source materials

Started by Václav, July 24, 2011, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I have thought about following for some time: products based on source materials inside one factory.

Currently factory can produce for example three products (shirts, socks, boots) and consumpt for example five source materials (leather, flax, cotton, wool, rubber) - but it has to have all five source materials to it could produce. And it is partly unlogic - from what time is rubber need for productions of shirts?

I think it would be changed to factory could produce shirts when it would have flax and cotton, boots when it would have leather and rubber - and socks when it would have cotton and wool.

... and so if factory would have all five source materials, it would produce all three products - but when any source material would be missing, production would be improved in accordance with available materials.

Thanks for your opinion - or adding into list of denied features - if it is too difficult to do it.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

vilvoh

The point is what happen when the factory just produces one product, like many factories in the game. Should the game create the factory only when all the source materials are available or just build it and wait to make it produce when the industrial network grows, in case the game engine selects the proper sources.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Václav

Oh, Vilvoh, I am worried about you did not understand my idea.

What you wrote about building of factories only if all source materials are available is, of course, right - but then there would be problem with building of shops.

But I have thought about continuus production - only that production will be changed - from all products to products for which are source materials. So for example bakery would produce only bread if it would have only flour - but curd cakes* if it would have also curd. Currently bakery would work only if both source materials would be available (in factory's warehouse).

But better example would be cannery - it would need glass and fruit (for example peaches, appricots or plums - my favourite ones  :D) or vegetables (for example cucumbers) - but they grow in a bit different year-time (but in Simutrans agriculture/farming is not seasoned). And is a bit unlogic that cannery would need all called source materials (excluding glass - it would be needed at all times) at the same time.

I hope that now my idea is at least a little better understandable.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní