News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

ROADS REPLACEMENT PROJECT

Started by Fabio, September 08, 2009, 09:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Until someone is able to put in an extension request for alternate pillars based on whether the road below has ribis indicating it's going the same way under an elevated way... and... that sounds like something doable I'll put in as a request and reference this topic. :)

Fabio

I just revamped roads with 70km/h (new bridge & new tunnel) and 90km/h (bridge, elevated & tunnel re-textured).

This bridge was thought for rail tracks replacement, then put aside. Now I recycled it for 70 km/h road.
Previous was:

This tunnel is brand new, although based on new rail tunnels.
Previous was:

In r1063.

I plan to improve existing bridges (and sometimes tunnels) using the new textures for concrete and copying some rail bridges.

HDomos

Wow... They are nice (the 70km/h bridge and tunnel at least because i didn't see the 90km/h version :D)

greenling

Fabio
Thank you for the new graphic. :thumbsup:
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Quote from: HDomos on December 01, 2012, 08:08:00 AMI didn't see the 90km/h version :D)

Because it's basically unchanged, but for different concrete texture and snow layer.

Sarlock

Wow, I really love that stepped brick appearance leading to the tunnel.  Nice work!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

mEGa

Quote from: Sarlock on December 01, 2012, 10:30:29 AM
Wow, I really love that stepped brick appearance leading to the tunnel.  Nice work!
+1
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

VS

Beautiful bridge :)

I wanted to post a rant about missing brick viaduct, but then realized the set still has one. D'oh. I am still the flametrooper mode, it seems :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Thank you VS!
This bridge was too nice to be wasted.

The 40 km/h brick viaduct will be replaced as well, but with basically the same improved layout of 140 km/h railways and given elevated as well.

McAlpine

In the attached image, the 90 (3rd rightmost) and 110 (1st and 2nd rightmost) bridges have a large gap between the slope and the first pillar on the NW end, but only a small gap between the last pillar and the slope on the SE end. It is a pure graphics issue and has nothing to do with different topographies on both ends; if I rotate the map, the large gap is always on the "upper" end (from my view).

I understand that the 110 bridge with its 2-tile-span will always be asymmetric if the bridge spans an odd number of tiles (see the SE end of the rightmost bridge), but this even happens with the 90 bridge and with even number of tiles.

Bug occurs with simutrans 112.0 and svn r1063 of pak128

McAlpine

I think I found out what causes it: The bridge_starts need pillars too (in the 70 km/h bridge it is already like this). I added pillars to the bridge_starts and I think now it looks better:

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/6433/road090bridge.png

McAlpine

I did the same for the 110, 130 and 200 bridges. However, due to the placement of pillars with spacing of 2, it now looks asymmetric depending on which direction you view the bridges from. Look for yourselves:

http://imageshack.us/a/img31/6262/brcken1.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/7229/brcken2.jpg

The 90 bridge however now looks symmetric from every direction.

The updated bridges can be found at http://imageshack.us/g/1/9899364/.

Fabio

Thank you, I'll fix them and set them all at 1 tile distance.

Fabio

Fixed in r1070.

Revamped 110, 130 and 200 km/h graphics just updated in r1070 as well.

More changes:

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on June 24, 2011, 04:28:41 AM
And I found something what is not good feature but it is not true bug - shape of tunnels.
Shape of tunnels used for roads of speed 90 km/h and up is surely good - but it does not fit to age before year 1990 or so (later). So I suggest to make for those roads two or more shape types of tunnels what would appear in different times.
Nothing done (yet?) about 90 km/h tunnel, but definitely 110 km/h tunnel didn't agree with the timeline.
This is the portal replacement:

Previous was:

Quote from: Fabio on August 30, 2011, 02:30:37 PM
Known issues
- elevated climbing a slope miss a corner of their safety fence (unfixable due to 128*128 px limit)
Fixed in revamped & retextured elevated.

For the images of other changes, please check the svn.

Fabio

New bridges and tunnels for 40km/h and 50 km/h in r1079 (bugfixes in r1082).
40 km/h roads now have elevated as well.

Sarlock

This is amazing work, Fabio!  Where do you find all the free time??    :o

So much work has gone in to pak128 in the past few months... it's going to look so amazing!
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

HDomos

Really nice. :)
I noticed a bug: The pillars of both40 and 50km/h bridges are wrong positioned in r1082.

greenling

Fabio
The Roads a very good work.
:thumbsup:
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Fabio

Quote from: HDomos on December 07, 2012, 01:46:05 PM
I noticed a bug: The pillars of both40 and 50km/h bridges are wrong positioned in r1082.

It should be fixed in r1092.

I also revamped 30km/h and 55km/h roads and bridges and improved pillars for 70km/h bridge.

You can check the changes in the svn.