News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Modern High Capacity Trams

Started by Fabio, August 11, 2011, 01:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Hello,

after resuming a bit playing, I noticed that Pak 128 doesn't exploit all the possibilities of Trams.

This is why I planned a small set of modern high capacity trams, freely inspired by real life models.

Here's a preview:

From the top:

Fiat Ferroviaria 5000
3-car tram, 188 pax
intro 1990
used in Turin, Italy

Siemens Combino (classic)
3-car tram, 180 pax
5-car tram, 272 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
intro 1992
used in many cities, esp. in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, etc...

Bombardier Eurotram
5-car tram, 188 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
7-car tram, 292 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
possibility of longer combination of an odd number of cars (9, 11, etc...) requiring a stop/station of 3 or more tiles
intro 1996
used in Strasbourg, France, Milan, Italy, and many other cities

Alstom Cityway
5-car tram, 164 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
7-car tram, 224 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
intro 1998
used in Turin, Italy, and other cities, esp, in Italy

AnsaldoBreda Sirio
5-car tram, 232 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
7-car tram, 316 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
possibility of longer combination of an odd number of cars (9, 11, etc...) requiring a stop/station of 3 or more tiles
intro 2002
used in Milan, Italy, and many other cities

Siemens Combino Supra
3-car tram, 170 pax
4-car tram, 230 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
5-car tram, 290 pax (requires 2-tile stops)
possibility of longer combination of any number of cars (6, 7, 8, etc...) requiring a stop/station of 3 or more tiles
intro 2004
used in Budapest, Hungary, Vienna, Austria, and some other cities

Václav

They seem quite good. It was time for them - but until they will appear in game, I will stay on using French addon trams by Gwalch. I think it would be good to choose some ones of them - and add them together with these (from your post).

And also I suggest to use tram stop made by mEGa - but it is in duty to build it like railway stations, not bus/trolleybus stations.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Fabio

Unfortunately Gwalch's tram don't have the source files open (you can only download the pak).

If their sources were released, I think they all should be included in the official pak.

This set of 6 models will be released soon. After that Zeno could help me balancing them better (I can't find any formula, so I empirically based their values in proportion with Raven's trams).

In my TODO list there are also tram signals, 4-5 tram tracks (replacing the existing 2) and possibly a second catenary for speeds up to 100 km/h.

Additionally, I would like also a tram-only tunnel (presently I build a road tunnel and I lay tram tracks in it) for pre-metro systems (i.e. trams going underground downtown).

Václav

I think Gwalch would publish source files of those trams (and also track and catenary) if somebody would ask for it. And I can do it.

Tram-only tunnel - I think that it would be good - but (at least) I will use it very rarely - in accordance with conditions in my country.

And what about tram-only bridge? I think that if it would have max. length 4 or 5 it would be almost perfect. Longer ones are fully useless - due to people build trams mostly inside cities - and cities don't grow across wide water areas.

Fabio

Václav

Thanks. I will test them - in current game I am in year 1954 or so but I have not deleted previous game yet - and there I am in year 2040 or so.

-->
1. I have no complaints on their capacity, only Combino Supra has confusing constellation for (at least the first) using.
2. Is their colour native or are they coloured by player colour?

-->
I looked on Gwalch yesterday - and saw he is probably on holiday - because he logged in on 13th July last day.
-->
Gwalch appeared in forum and wrote (here) he will do it after return from holiday.

Zeno

They look really nice, fabio. About balancing, I'll take a look at it, but IIRC trams were one of the relaxed balancing items, which means not very accurate but easy to calculate.

Isaac_Clarke

These trams are very successfull and god knows that I like this mode of transport. They serves my cities very well. Thanks fabio :)

VS

How did I miss this thread?

Are these ready for use, or still preview?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

greenling

fabio
it´s Possible to get from the tram the PNG and Dat Files?
Thanks that you hate be make the new Trams.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

mEGa

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on August 11, 2011, 02:09:09 PM
And also I suggest to use tram stop made by mEGa - but it is in duty to build it like railway stations, not bus/trolleybus stations.

Hi Guys,
@ fabio: more interesting and fine work.

@ Vaclav and others :
About my tram-single stop. I would continuing the design with your suggestions :
- correcting bugs
- get some ameliorations with night lights
- create few views for all period of the game.
What do you think about it ?

Note : I can (and want) get this pak an opensource creation, of course.

to testing :
http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:snfosstations

Regards

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

gwalch

Hi !

For my tramways, i have problem with graphics.simutrans, but i am ok they will be open (and maybe in the pak).
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

Václav

Quote from: mEGa on October 14, 2011, 07:21:00 AM
- create few views for all period of the game.
Yeah, splendid.

So, why don't use station from following picture for any period of game?

BTW: it is the same picture as I linked in topic Bus and Tram Stops replacement project (where this and also your post should be ... moved)

gwalch

@ Vaclav
But ! It's not a bus, it's an hearse ("zu krematorien") ! ;D
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...

Václav

... huh? ... Is it critics to bus, itself? or bad joke?

Text on bus is in my native language and is Za krematoriem (but I give you my pardon because it is not well readable) - but it is not changing anything on that joke ;D - because it goes by city cemetery.

I had to use this photo because I did not find one with better detail of that station.

gwalch

Oh, it was just a joke !

I suppose that bus works with gas (LPG ?) and not gasoil, because of the upper part ?

Václav

Yes, it uses LPG - but I think that case on roof is not coverage for gas tank - but I am not sure.

ӔO

all LPG and CNG buses seem to have their tanks on the roof. Maybe it's for crash protection?
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Canalla

is neither a tank nor protection is to lower the air conditioning warm temperatures and may also have heating in my city there are small amounts of these cars. Gretings
No era para acerte asustar,yo te dije que te iba a buscar,yo te avise,los trapos te robe,vos decias que eras la mas popular pero con central no te plantas,sos un C.....,te cuida el batallon.Central vos mi pasion,locura de mi vida,sentimiento que entendemos los que damos la vida por vos,aunque hoy no me des la gloria ya me alcanza con que existas...Esta es la banda canalla llegaron LOS GUERREROS,Re loco donde juegues,esta es tu gente y aunque estemos en las malas y nos fuimos al decenso,vos sos un sentimiento NUNCA TE VOY A ABANDONAAAAAR
Saludos Atte. Canalla.

gwalch

I started to put sourcefiles from my tramways on http://graphics.simutrans.com/index.php?cat=10134
I would like to know if all my tramways seems interesting for the official paks, or just some of them (for exemple, i think my bombardier eurotram is not very good, i prefer fabio's one) ?
At this moment, i have done :
- Alsthom TFS from city of Nantes
- Alsthom Vevey from city of St Etienne
- Bombardier Eurotram from city of Strasbourg
- Alstom Citadis 301 from city of Montpellier
- Alstom Citadis 302 from city of Lyon
- Alstom Citadis 402 from city of Bordeaux
- Alstom Citadis 302 from city of Le Mans
- Alstom Citadis 302 from city of Reims
Do you want all of them ? Or just better ones ?

Václav

I vote for Bordeaux, Le Mans and Reims - and mostly for Le Mans, of called ones.

mEGa

For me all of them with a little preference for Le Mans
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

greenling

All tram from you are nice!
Make all public!
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Delite

Thanks for these great trams! As an aside, I think the Siemens Avenio (the successor to the Combino and Combino Supra) and the Ultra Low Floor would be interesting trams to have.

stmaker

Useful for removing large group of people on an overcrowding station. Thanks. Make more if so. ;)
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Václav

I am worried about that tram has the same chance to empty overcrowded station - like other vehicles.

But else I agree with idea of post trams - that was called here.

Fabio

neldot

Hello Fabio, congrats for your beautiful trams! :)

May I ask you if you can allow a three elements Sirio (in your current dat file the minimum composition allowed is five elements), to reflect the Sirio trams that run in Naples?
Thanks in advance! :)

A three elements Sirio tram at the PORTO terminus in Naples (a snowy Vesuvius in the background)

Fabio

Thank you, neldot!

This set of trams needs some additional work before official release, specifically antialiasing and some other details.

I think adding also a 3 elements combination could be rather easy, although I can't guarantee it will fit in a single tile stop.

I'll keep you posted!

Fabio

Here an updated release:

- Antialiasing for windows and roof
- Sirio can have also 3-car composition
- Removed T201 (Fiat F 5000), which might be part (once improved) of a second set ranging 1980-2000.

TEST PAK

VS

Only the TEST PAK link works now :(

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

It baffles me: they are un the server, the name appears to be ok, but I get a 404, too.

Anyway, dat and png sources here in attachment!

VS

Uploaded to SVN. I'm no longer opposed to the graphics, but... How do others feel about the "omg lots of vehicles in depot" that results from this?

Fabio

Thank you! Personally I always play with show all disabled, so I only see the first car in the depot...

greenling

Fabio Thank you for the workaround of your tram.