News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

My first added

Started by reytm2, August 12, 2011, 03:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reytm2

Hello,

I interezado collaborate with the pak96.comic.  Last night I did a vehicle.

I hope comments ...

Greetings.

http://simutrans.galeon.com/RomanTruck.zip

Mi blog, reytm2.blogspot.es - others, sms a cuba

An_dz

It look very nice, but you need to make some tweaks on shadowing:
reduce the color on the trailer top, it's too dark;
darker the truck cabin top and front (the whole cabin is the same color).

You could thing about use player colors. Here's a link about it on the wiki. If it's in german on the right top corner you can choose English and Portuguese

I can't download the file. The site is down. So I can't say much about it on game play.

PS.:And on next releases or projects you start, post on Pak96.comic Add-ons and Graphics.

reytm2

An_dz:

Thanks for the tips. I consider these details in future editions that are already on the desk. and why not improve this too.

Reytm2

sonik

I suggest using this thread to all those who create objects for pak96 first time. Perhaps here we get objective criticism from the pros. If this topic is wrong for this - correct me, please. My first job will be preceded by the creation of large sailing ships and harbor infrastructure for different times. Naval cannon for pak96:

In render:

I get it with Maya + Toon Shader and with Photoshop painting, where I make final image. But I worry about of the border lines -  it enough to their thickness??

sdog

the guns look extremely large, compared to other objects in the pak.
Are the guns planed as part of an attraction, eg an old fortress?

sdog

QuoteYes, I understand that. Sorry, but I just wanted to understand the principle.
my reply wasn't meant as criticism (i'm not a painter myself), more as a question.

sdog

cool sloop, you got the billowing of the sail quite right, in particular as this is comic style!

sonik

Thank you for your feedback. The size of naval guns - yes, it's very large. The model will be used in future for the entourage of port structures in my addon "XVII-XVIII Ages". There size will comply with standards of pak96.

I moved my posts to the addon topic. I'll work on it, because it seems that the result is satisfied.

reytm2

I do not like to criticize, i apologize for that, but ... regardless of medieval weapons, are large, and i think the size is exaggerated. In fact, they have the same size of a house multi-family ...

Clear, never the first delivery is 100% good. and this is pleasing to the eye

sonik

All right. This is just an attempt to convert the model into a format the game. I showed you the results of such a large amount to learn - whether it is possible to use these renderings for the pak96.comic style. Now, I already knew how to work with this style - thanks to you. And once again - the scale is exaggerated on purpose. While I don't have models of buildings near at hand, sorry. I showed that I had.

reytm2

Don't want you to be discouraged ... i am interested in that each day will increase more cartoonists of the pak ... your work is good and that is very helpful ...

This link shows a house multi-family to scale ... you can take it as a reference.