News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Improvement for truck loading bays

Started by Václav, August 14, 2011, 11:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I often build stations as screenshot shows (with one czech addon) - and I found one very bothering case - if such station is empty, all is right and trucks will stop in all available places - but then, if some trucks will depart, empty places are count as empty - and result can be seen on screenshot too - else trucks would listen choose sign - and approach to else place.

So I would like to suggest improvement of this behaviour - that in future those empty (but unaccessible) places will be count as unaccessible - and already used.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

Did you check the nightly. This was fixed within this week.

Václav

Thanks for info. My nightly is a quite old (4718) - because I had not time to download new version.

Václav

I am sorry for double post - but almost three months passed ...

Currently I use 4861 - and I see that this was not solved (well).

In stations that are not built as end-stations, trucks may achieve target chosen point - if it is blocked by else truck - if station has sufficient length - else they will stop at last free point and wait ...

If station is built as end-station - in hair-comb constellation of points (or else) - trucks still try to achieve blocked points - as they are on the middle line of points - on following picture (re-linked from above)

and in this way those trucks may block all other trucks. ... hm ... if there is not sufficient number of points, all would be right ... but if there is sufficient number of (really) free points (like in line by airport), then it is very odd that trucks try to achieve blocked points first.

prissi

Since truck could be blocked behind the other truck, they wait at the choose signal. Fully intended.

Václav

... oh no ... it is not about blocking of trucks behind, itself, but about fully stupid behavior to achieve blocked point.

prissi

IN the current nightlies (actually since september), the truck will advance as much as they can. I do not see any free stop a truck could go.

Václav

See attached screenshot.

One truck (already) stayed on the middle point of left row - and next truck tries to achieve point that is beyond the first truck ... regardless of it could go to any of else free point - it means point that is blocked by its waiting for free way - and all three points in other row.

prissi

Is this the originally intended stop? If this is free, no way search will be done.

Václav

Yes - it is stop that is intended - in accordance with order. Point that is blocked by truck standing on the middle point is target point as order says.

... if is truth that you say, that it should be corrected because it causes big problems - that if intended stop is free (regardless of it is blocked), no way search is done. In case of this station is space where other trucks may stay without blocking of other trucks - but ...