News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Various drawing errors

Started by Ters, July 19, 2011, 04:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

These have been present for some time, but I have never gotten around to reporting them earlier. I'm not sure if they are all caused by the same bug, or if they are unrelated, but they seem similar.

Image 1 shows a train being drawn on top of the tunnel entrance it is about to enter. I have only seen this happen when train enters a tunnel at this angle.

Image 2 shows what appears to be the pillars showing through the bridge.

Image 3 shows a lock being clipped by the sloping tile to the north.

I have also seen railroad cars being visible through the neighbouring car, which is lower down on the screen, when the train is making a turn. Unfortunately, this does not happen all the time and I have no screenshot.

Screenshots are taken with revision 4698, mingw, SDL, 32-bit.

Dwachs

(1) should be fixed in r4702. The fix could have provoked other glitches. Please check & report back.

(2) hard to fix: either by modifying the pillar graphics or fiddling with the display routines

(3) ways do not have different back and front images. This would fix this issue...

Edit: patch for (2) attached. It prevents everything to shine through bridges (trees, houses etc). But these things reappear when turing on sliced underground view :D
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

I noticed the glitch in the attached screenshot when testing r4702. I'm not sure if it's new or if it has been there for a while.

Dwachs

Ters

Pedestrians are sometimes visible through vehicles, but that's a minor annoyance. When I noticed it, both were one the upper left side of the tile.

Ters

I just noticed another glitch, which may or may not be related to the pedestrians above.

I have a road going in direction 10 crossing a double tracked rail heading in direction 5. When a southbound train passes the crossing (on the western track), the barrier behind the train (to its right/west) shines through the last wagon. For northbound trains on the eastern track, the barrier to the left/west shines through.

Crossings between a road with direction 5 and rail with direction 10 have not yielded the same problem.

My simutrans is currently built from revision 4785, pak64 from revision 525. The subversion server appears to be down or otherwise unreachable, so I have not been able to see if there have been any recent related fixes.

prissi

Two out of three developers are in holidays, thus there is just no activity.

Dwachs

Quote from: Ters on August 26, 2011, 09:10:14 PM
I have a road going in direction 10 crossing a double tracked rail heading in direction 5. When a southbound train passes the crossing (on the western track), the barrier behind the train (to its right/west) shines through the last wagon. For northbound trains on the eastern track, the barrier to the left/west shines through.
Imho this is hard to fix. Stuff in the left/east or right/west corner can be behind and in front of vehicles at the same tile, this cannot be resolved correctly, as all non-moving stuff on a tile has to be either behind or in front of vehicles. Hope this makes sense

Ters

What you write makes sense, but why does it only affect the last wagon in a southbound (towards lower left) train and the first in a northbound (towards upper right) train?

Dwachs

It seems to me that this happens with the opened crossing only, when the last wagon left the crossing.

Ters

Yes. Looks like that is it. But does that mean that the wagon is no longer on the tile with the crossing? If it has left the tile, then this looks like the inverse situation from what started this thread.