News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Misc 10.0 error: loading xml saves

Started by Carl, August 27, 2011, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Here's a minor issue with the 10.0 branch that I didn't think worth including in the main pre-release topic, but nevertheless seemed worth reporting for the record.

10.0 is unable to open most saves made in xml format. It gives the following error:

FATAL ERROR:
loadsave_t::start_tag()
expected "tunnelboden_t",
got "grund_t>
    û []"

Note that the "[]" here is a square box in the error. This error does not occur in other save formats.

The problem doesn't seem to be with the saves themselves. I tried making an xml save of a game in 9.12 and then opening it with 9.12, and this was successful. However, this 9.12-created xml save could not be opened in 10.0. Similarly, xml saves created in 10.0 give rise to the same error.

I can reproduce via the following steps:
1. Set save format to xml in simuconf.tab
2. Start a new map
3. Build a tunnel
4. Save the map and close Simutrans
5. Open Simutrans and load the save map
6. Error!

Here's a pak128Britain.ex 0.8 save to demonstrate: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61716/tunnel.rar

jamespetts

Hmm, that's very odd - I haven't changed anything specific to XML saving between 9.12 and 10.0. I wonder whether this is a bug from the latest Standard nightlies...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.