The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Retirement Dates  (Read 1993 times)

Leeway

Retirement Dates
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
Why are all the buses, Locomotives (Apart from some passenger trains) and most of the fraight cars retired by 2030? It's a little anoying having to keep going into obsolete stock every time I want to buy a new vehicle.

Leeway.

P.S. I'm also a HGV Driver. I'll driven some of the vehicles in the game. Most of the leyland DAF's, All of the DAF's (Currently drive a DAF LF in work) and all of the Ford's. So if anyone wants information on how they drive i'm happy to help.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:59:39 AM by vilvoh »

Offline The Hood

• pak128.Britain developer
Re: Retirement Dates
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »
Mainly to give them a "realistic" life time span.  Ultimately the plan is to have a load of futuristic vehicles too, but that is a long-term goal for once all the historical stuff is done.  Perhaps I should remove the retirement dates of the most recent vehicles for the time being - any one care to agree/disagree?

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Devotee
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »
I agree that there is much to be said for removing the retirement dates for the latest vehicles to be in production of any type - perhaps by commenting them out in the .dat files; the dates can then easily be re-instated when futuristic vehicles are added. As to the HGVs - do you happen to have accurate figures for their power and tractive effort?

Leeway

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 12:20:17 PM »
I agree. I don't have that information at the moment. But if you give me the makes and models I'll get the information for you.

Leeway.

Offline The Hood

• pak128.Britain developer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 10:54:17 AM »
I've removed some retirement dates so there should be a reasonable selection of vehicles all the way through now.  If there are any others you think should have dates removed, do let me know.