The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: New French Gamer  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Yan

New French Gamer
« on: September 07, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »
Hello,

I am a newbie in the community of SimuTrans and the consistent documentation I could gather on the game thanks to the Wikipedia version in French provided me some  "preliminary" informations. Nevertheless, I still have further details to clarify about tutorials that show how to best use the game :-X... it seems important to me since I want to avoid forcing me to uninstall / reinstall the game :-X... Just before starting  my questions regarding the installation and settings / interfaces of SimuTrans, I have some questions about the building of a urban transport network:

:arrow: Is it possible to establish a network of internal lines in a city that serves each of its intersections and areas most dense?

:arrow: Can it be possible that some of those lines reach the thirty stations, especially in subways and bus networks?

:arrow: Does it not possible to stratify the various transport networks and their range like that:

:arrow: Bus network: City Centre -> Outskirts -> suburbs
 :arrow: Trams Network : City Centre -> Outskirts
 :arrow: Subway Network: City Centre -> Outskirts -> Possibly suburbs
 :arrow: Suburban train: Big hubs in the city center -> Outskirts  -> Cities commuter within 30/40 kms max with detailed coverage of these areas;
 :arrow: HST network: Direct connection from the Central Station of a big city with other large center cities on the map up 100kms from the big city of departure.

What do you think of this organisation ??? ?

Thanks for your answers ;)

Offline dc_ae

Re: New French Gamer
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 03:24:35 AM »
From what you use, I used the , same Tram system, subway, and bus networks.

Can it be possible that some of those lines reach the thirty stations, especially in subways and bus networks?
I never tried having so many stops in one line, but I guess you can do it, but it be better if you had less stops for the line.

Offline An_dz

• Web Admin
  • Administrator
  • D'oh
    • by An_dz
  • Languages: pt, en, it, (de)
Re: New French Gamer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:24:01 AM »
Is it possible to establish a network of internal lines in a city that serves each of its intersections and areas most dense?
Off course. The default setting in Simutrans is 9 vehicle transfers. It means a passenger will use at a maximum 9 different vehicles to reach a destination.

Can it be possible that some of those lines reach the thirty stations, especially in subways and bus networks?
Sure. No problems. But I don't think you need that much number of stops for one line.
Also some problems can occur, the last station can be more attractive than others, so the vehicle gets 100% filled in first stop with passenger wanting to go to the last station, so all other stops the vehicle won't be getting anyone. So overcrowding stations can appear.

Does it not possible to stratify the various transport networks and their range like that:

Bus network: City Centre -> Outskirts -> suburbs
Trams Network : City Centre -> Outskirts
Subway Network: City Centre -> Outskirts -> Possibly suburbs
Suburban train: Big hubs in the city center -> Outskirts  -> Cities commuter within 30/40 kms max with detailed coverage of these areas;
HST network: Direct connection from the Central Station of a big city with other large center cities on the map up 100kms from the big city of departure.
I didn't understood you well on this question. But you create the network how you want. So fell free to create the network of your dreams.