News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Bug: "De-lining"

Started by Carl, September 18, 2011, 07:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Just a small bug to report from 10.0. Trains have a tendency to occasionally "forget" which line they belong to. That is, they are assigned to a line, but subsequently become "lineless convoys" despite no changes having been made to either the convoy schedule or the line schedule.

This appears to be related to the '[R]' flags which form part of the line's schedule where it reverses. The lineless convoys in question usually have identical schedules to the line they should belong to, only without the [R] flags.

It's difficult to provide a savegame to demonstrate this, since it's not clear to me what conditions cause "de-lining" to occur. If there's something specific it would be helpful to see - or, indeed, if just looking at a savegame where this *has* occurred would be helpful -- then let me know and I'll upload something.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report: I think that I have fixed this on the 10.x branch. Can you test (and check to see whether the fix has side effects)?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

Sorry for taking so long to check this -- I've only just found a moment to compile the latest sources.

As far as I can see, this fix has no unintended side effects. After brief testing I haven't noticed any de-lining reoccuring -- but since it's a sporadic occurrence anyway, I'll get back to you on whether I come across any at a later date.

Many thanks!