News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Crashes en Save Game Corruption

Started by KrazyJay, November 12, 2008, 03:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyJay

Since a long while I've came back to the forum, I've noticed my username has been ditched  ???(probably caused by the migration to the new server), but I'm still happy to be back! I've kept on playing Simutrans nevertheless.  ;D

Since I've been using my laptop to play Simutrans, the game crashes every 20~30 minutes. Because I'm afraid my progress in my game might get lost, I save my games regularly. But the last time it crashed, I guess it corrupted my save game, which I had saved about 15 minutes before the crash, because everytime I try to load my savegame, Simutrans crashes at around 95% of loading the save game... I've enclosed my save game as an attachment, maybe someone could take a look into it to see what caused the problem, and in the most fortunate possibility, also be able to fix it and send it back to me working properly again... By the way, is there any known information on those crashes?

My laptop is a dual core Pentium PC, pre-installed with Vista, but dualbooted with XP on which Simutrans runs... My Simutrans version is 99.17.1 SDL with pak 128 version 1.4.3.

The download can be found here through RapidShare: download

Thanks a lot in advanced!  :award:
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

prissi

convoi 62 has an illegal position (was the old depot error). SHould load again in next nightly.

KrazyJay

Thanks a lot Prissi! Where can I find the next nightly, and when should I download that? (I don't want to sound stupid, but would that be tomorrow?) Thanks!!  ;D

Jay
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

wernieman

You can find the nightlys when you look at my signature...

You use V 99.17?

Then it is better for you to load the full nightly win-sdl an the nightly PAK128.
To install them, make it on the same way then the normal vesion (unzipping and "installing")
I hope you understand my English

KrazyJay

Thank you for your reply! I've downloaded and installed the most recent Simutrans version (sim-winsdl_2008-11-12_v100.1_r2113.zip 2.70MB and simupak128-232.zip), but unfortunately it still crashes on loading the savegame... Could there be something else I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

prissi

YOu have to wait until 3am, when the new nightly is built. Or you have to compile it yourself.

wernieman

Sorry, I missunderstand you in your first posting ....
I hope you understand my English

VS

Heh, apparently it's not a 128 bug, so... away from my territory! ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

KrazyJay

Alright, I downloaded the latest nightly SDL, and it loads again. Thanks to all helping members! Solved.
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player