News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[r4840 and up] Older games cannot be loaded

Started by Václav, October 12, 2011, 08:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Yesterday I wanted to load game that I saved in May of this year (because I needed to see something) - but game crashed in the beginning of loading process.

Today I made tests to find if it is pakset related (for example some special addons - or some new graphics) - and even called crashing was with and without tollgates in addon queue - and also with older graphics.

Then I tested older versions of exe files and I found that last version that can load older games has number 4835.

Version of game: both (SDL and GDI)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

None of the save load code was changed since 4835 and my old games were still loading fine. Do you have such a game to test?

Václav

Via topic Trains go on wrong way graphics - and from here download that save.

Both files are at the same place. So order for download is the same, of course. At first download graphics, there is described order for downloading.

-->
At this time it seems that else older files can be loaded by current version.
So, it is much more odd than previously.

I am going to try to reload it with 4835 - and re-save ... and I shall see what I shall see.

prissi

I could not download your files, I just got timeouts after clicking everything the page requires. Maybe they exclude germany from downloads?!?

Václav

It is quite strange that you got timeouts.

As I added to my previous post in this topic, I tried to load else older (much older) game and it was loaded right. I hope that loading in under 4835 and re-saving will help.

prissi

I could load this fine, after I managed to download your testgame.

Václav

... I did what I wrote - and I can load it fine again.

... but tell me (and it is not related to this topic): Were changed choose_signals? Because I saw that trains which need to only go through any station, they wait there - until way is free - meanwhile originally they ignored them - and ...