News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Ships Can't Find Route

Started by AaronBradford, September 29, 2011, 02:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronBradford

Hi all - I'm having an issue using ships in v110.0.1, both pak 64 and 128. I have not been successful in getting any cargo ships at all to operate: "[ship] can't find route". I've tried port to port across just ocean, with canals, etc and nothing seems to work. Has anybody else experienced this and does anyone know how I might remedy it?

Thanks in advance :)

infernalmachine

If a ship is going on both sea and canal, make sure that you connect the canal to the sea (extend the canal 1 square into the sea).  If it's a very long trip, you can set waypoints along the way (this also helps in finding out where the route is disconnected).  Also, if your ship goes through a narrow bit of sea (especially diagonally), make sure no corners of the nearby land are touching each other.That's all I can think of.

Václav

Infernalmachine, what you wrote about connection of canals with see and about corners of land touching each other is right ... but:

in currently played game (it is on map of Czech republic of size 2000*1316 - you can download it on maps.simutrans.com) I am sending ship on very long route - from ?fountain? of Labe/Elbe to Úslava.

I went through all route - and did not find place where sea is interferred by land (and that it happened once to me - and so I pay attention to it well) - but ships called that they cannot find route.

I solved it by water canal between Vltava/Moldau and Úslava. So by that water canal problem place is by-passed - but it is not good solution - because it is very expensive solution.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Dwachs

@Aaron: try to rotate map four times and see if this helps. Does the problem persist even after save & reload?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

Maybe the max_route_steps setting has a way too low number. It needs to be at least a million for large maps with many islands. And all sea connections must be on the map, ships cannot go around borders.

Spacethingy

I get this problem sometimes too. Saving, closing, and reloading Simutrans works for me.

I'm not sure it's a map size problem - I got it on a very short (only about 30 squares long) route on a very thin and long (32x1000ish) map.

I'll try the rotating thing out, see if it helps.
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

Dwachs

If saving & reload works to cure the problem, then rotating the map should help too

This problem is present in one of the latest stables, but it is already fixed in the nightlies.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.