News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Start in 1880 and finish in 2050?

Started by Vonjo, July 03, 2012, 03:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonjo

From simutrans.com
QuoteControl and watch your finances and the traffic of your vehicles and goods. Start in 1880 and finish in 2050. There will be new vehicles and buildings throughout this time.
Is it still relevant?
New game usually start in 1930 by default, and people often play up to 22-23rd century.

Ters

I think the second and third sentence are connected, and there aren't many new vehicles or buildings available after 2050. At least with pak64, but I don't think other pak sets have better crystal balls. (Some pak sets are beyond the real world and/or time, though.) Maybe a rewrite to make this connection more apparent and the situation clearer.

Vonjo

Hmmm... Maybe it means: "When started in 1880 and finish in 2050, there will be new vehicles and buildings throughout this time."

Ters

Something like that, but probably more accurately expressed as "New vehicle and building types will appear and become obsolete as time moves by, especially when playing the game with a timeline from 1880 to 2050." Buildings, and a few vehicles, also appear long before this, but the game is monotonous and a real trial in patience before locomotives appear.

kierongreen

With pakBritain the timeline is more 1830-2020 for a full range of vehicles... I think putting dates in there just confuses things with the variety of paks around.

Lubak91

Quote from: Vonjo on July 03, 2012, 03:53:52 PM
...and people often play up to 22-23rd century.

Any play up to 31rd century...
So, let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you are completely sane?!

Kandel

Quote from: Lubak91 on July 03, 2012, 11:09:58 PM

Any play up to 31rd century...

-4595.40 ...  Sounds like you're just throwing the bucks !!!!
Back to the topic, what're the buses in 2050 looks like ?
I'm just going through 1940s .

Ters

Quote from: Kandel on July 04, 2012, 03:59:00 AM
Back to the topic, what're the buses in 2050 looks like ?
I'm just going through 1940s .

Depends on which pak set you are asking about.

In pak64, only big buses are available from somewhere around 2000, and the last of them are introduced in 1982. They are either double height, double length, or both. Plus a mini bus. So I usually buy and/or retain absolete buses to fill the gap. I think the only thing that extends the new vehicle range through to 2050 (2035 to be exact) in pak64 are the fictional Tigress trains and a couple of monorail trains. Last real vehicle, ICE-TD, is from 2007.

Lubak91

Quote from: Kandel on July 04, 2012, 03:59:00 AM
-4595.40 ...  Sounds like you're just throwing the bucks !!!!

What a surprise when it flew the first test and empty...

It's OK?
I was hoping, that more people here have a sense of humor...
So, let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you are completely sane?!

Vonjo

Where did you get that hypersonic zeppelin? ;-)

I think that hypersonic zeppelin is very outdated, or even ancient. People at that time period will just teleport. ;D

Ters

Teleport the place you want to go to where you are.

greenling

Cam this spaceship out Futherrama?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

An_dz

Quote from: Vonjo on July 04, 2012, 02:44:43 PM
I think that hypersonic zeppelin is very outdated, or even ancient. People at that time period will just teleport. ;D
Nope, they use clear pneumatic transportation tubes.

colonyan

Back in 1930. Riding bus, car, train.
2012. Riding bus, car, train.
2050. Most probably the same.
No fantasy. Unless something drastically changes. You know. Political stuff. Releasing restricted technologies.

VS

I can't remember who wrote that, but in one (sci-fi) story railways got replaced by conveyor belts...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

Probably back to modern sailships and slower electric trains; and bicycle and horse in 2100 ...

kierongreen

ah yes, the saying from the middle east; my grandfather rode a camel, my father drove a car, I fly a plane, my son will ride a camel.

prissi

Never heard of that yet. Sounds interesting. Do you have a source?

kierongreen

Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (if I typed that correctly). Former leader of Saudi Arabia. I didn't remember it word for word but that is the general idea (on my phone so cannot look these things up easily).

wlindley

Quote from: VS on July 04, 2012, 08:01:57 PM
in one (sci-fi) story railways got replaced by conveyor belts...

For one -- Isaac Asimov, "Caves of Steel" and his other stories Elijah  Baley and R. Daneel Olivaw.

Vonjo

I think it will be a nice idea if we make a pakFuture where we can use a hypersonic airship, teleporter, pneumatic tubes, conveyor belts.
;)