News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Margin nosedive?

Started by lakehaze, October 13, 2011, 04:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakehaze

I just noticed that my margin inverted.  I've been hovering between 20 and 30%, but suddenly, this game year, I'm at -30% profit margin.

I just finished refurbishing my main intersections overpasses, so I figured those bridges (and tunnels) must be more expensive than I thought, but looking at the inf. cost history, it doesn't really make sense.

In 1947, I was making roughly $900k, in profit, and paying $700k in inf maintenance.  Now, in 1948, I'm loosing money, and my maintenance costs are actually lower than 1947, about $450k.

None of the bars in my financial history show where the money changes from 1947 to 1948.  I don't even really see a record of my cloverleaf construction costs.  I am just suddenly making much less than before.

The only other major change between profit and loss was the release and install of SimExp 10.2.  Is it possible that the new version rebalanced the market to put me in the red?

Also, it's late.  I may just be missing something.  Any ideas what could sway such a drastic change during a year of streamlining?  Are there depression events built into the game?

jamespetts

Could you upload a saved game for me to examine to check that nothing is wrong?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

lakehaze

I'm sorry, I can't.  Last night, I loaded  a previous save, set 4 years prior, and decided to do everything again, while watching my income carefully.  While playing, I carelessly saved over the problem game save.  I don't have it anymore :(

Hopefully, I'll find the problem in my own strategy.  For now, I don't think there's anything more that can be done for this thread.  Thanks for your attention.

If I find something betraying similar odd behavior in my retry, I'll be sure to show it to you.

Thanks again, no reply necessary :)