News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Number limitation for vehicles

Started by Václav, October 05, 2011, 08:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Currently it is possible to buy vehicles up to total maximum number given by game. It is right (but I would like to know if someone reached that number  ;)).

But my idea is related to every vehicle (as type of it as is available to buy in depot): it is simple - for example I could by only twenty five units of Haru's PSE Spike - or fifteen units of Zeno's postal TGV (TGV Le Poste) ... and so on.

Order for this could be called max_number and if this order would be missing in dat file, then player could buy unlimited number of such vehicle - as currently.

I think that this limitation would bring to the game special type of difficulty (but not so hard as for example weight limit - that can be not understood by most players) and a little great variety - because player would have to think - and use brain. And mostly it is targeted against some rail vehicles with extra qualities (huge power, extreme high speed and so on).

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Combuijs

Hmm, don't see the need for it, to be honest. If one choice of vehicle is optimal for a certain route, why can't I choose it? And if a vehicle in all cases is always better than another one (more capacity, faster, and cheaper) then I would consider this as a design error of the pak.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

jamespetts

I don't see any economic justification for this feature.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sdog

it'd be better to fix pak sets, not to have uber-trains.

Václav

... I think that this my idea would be used for creation of real prototypes - it means vehicles that were quite interesting but made in very low numbered serie or in number of 1 or so - but they were not included into ordinary service (for some reasons).

And it is origin why I decided to call this idea.

-->
So, for example some trains would be available in game from year when they appeared on tracks but they were not in ordinary service - but only in limited number - and after year of including into ordinary service their number would be limited only total max. number given by game.

For example SNCF's AGV (brought to Simutrans by Gauthier - but available only as addon) still has not been included into ordinary service - and so ...

greenling

VaclavMacurek the SNCF's AGV it´s no more Allone.In Italy be start a Railroadcompany to use the AGV.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Václav

greenling, please, could you give me exact link to message where it is written? It would be fine.

And also, and it is more important, if I am not wrong, AGV is still under construction - regardless of tests made on test tracks in my country and also tests on tracks in France.

-->
And please, try to look for better translator.

greenling

VaclavMacurek
The Problem it that the report how i hate be read over the Agv not be exist in digital version.
I must be Remember how i have the Report over the Agv for the italy Railroad lay.
I will look tomorow after than report.
Sorry for my English.
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

Václav

If you read it in any printed medium, write its name (if you remember it). May it be that medium has on-line version.

-->
And by the way, and it is more important, I wrote SNCF's AGV because that train has been constructed by Alstom for SNCF at first.

greenling

VaclavMacurek
I Will be sone look after the Report.But Paco_m Pakfiles,Addon and Paksets be are in big Danger.
I must be Saved his Data.
His Server it Offline.