News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Incorrect City name when new public building added

Started by Severous, October 10, 2011, 08:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severous

This new marketplace was built.  But the city name is incorrect.

Instead of Hereford, the location is Inverness.

A possible explanation is that there was no suitable location to add the marketplace in Hereford, so it added the market here in Inverness instead?
Regards
Sev.

VS

I think there is no connection to used pakset... Which of the 3 cities is Hereford, anyway? Your hypothesis is plausible, but it seems all cities have lots of space.

The only other explanation I can think of is that Hereford is actually a 4th city, "swallowed" by Inverness and their areas substantially overlap. Then, construction does happen in its own area, but when looking up land ownership for stop name, the other comes first.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Severous

Hello VS.

This game is being played in the Arena forum.  On this game I am deliberately trying to shrink city size. All available road edges are blocked for building by 'signs' placed.  At Hereford I had 100% prevented new building plots...perhaps the building plot I had accidentally left available here in Inverness was used instead when the game couldnt find an available plot in Hereford?
Regards
Sev.

VS

That's the reason, then... Note that the name you find buggy belongs to a bus stop, not the building itself. IIRC: The game does not assign houses to cities, that is determined from their limits, if at all. Naming newly built stops looks up closest town hall. Cobine the two -> explained, I think.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!