News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Simutrans Wikis

Started by Frank, November 16, 2008, 04:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

There are now 7 wikis.

Tikiwiki ( German, English, Swedish, Czech, Português ) Development section 20 languages
english ( Mediawiki ) out dated - moved to Tikiwiki
japanese ( Pukiwiki )
french ( Mediawiki )
spanish ( Mediawiki )
italian ( Mediawiki )

Programming Wiki english, not editable by normal users

Dwachs

Dat-reference on the German wiki:

http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=en_dat_Files

The pages on the 'German wiki' are partly translated to English (and other languages). Pages in German are usually up-to-date. Any help with translation is appreciated. This wiki allows anonymous edits.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

I hope that I am posting this in the right place - I should like to apply for a Wiki account. I am interested in completing the .dat file reference for the English language.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Frank

for Tikiwiki wiki.simutrans-germany.com register in wiki your self

other wikis ( MediaWiki ) create a admin your account

jamespetts

The Tikiwiki is just in the German language, isn't it? I tried creating an account in MediaWiki, but there was no option, and I was directed to the forum to ask somebody here to create an account for me, which is what I was doing with the message above...

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Frank

Quote from: jamespetts on April 13, 2009, 05:03:07 PM
The Tikiwiki is just in the German language, isn't it? ...

the development section is in 21 languages

en
en-uk

missing the text, parameters to 95 % completly

jamespetts

Ahh, I see. Is the Tikiwiki the most up-to-date one, then? I was under the impression from the original post in this thread that that wiki was only German.

Edit: Whenever I tried to register on that page, it gave me an error without any further information (it just said "Error" at the top, and, further down, "You are not logged in").

Frank

Quote from: jamespetts on April 13, 2009, 05:23:46 PM
Edit: Whenever I tried to register on that page, it gave me an error without any further information (it just said "Error" at the top, and, further down, "You are not logged in").

Javascript and Cookies activated?

jamespetts

Frank

the register page works for me ( testet de-IE7 and en-FF3 )

you can edited en and other languages by anonymous

de require register

jamespetts

I tried again using IE-tab, but I had no success - it still gave an error message that simply said "error". Also, that wiki is in German - I cannot find the English version. Is it  not possible to register for the MediaWiki?

VS

+---------------------------------+
   | /!\    This is Kafka-land.      |
   |                                 |
   | All your base are belong to us. |
   |                                 |
   |             [OK]                |
   +---------------------------------+

Seriously. Who is that mythical admin of English wiki? Last I remember it was Benjad - and that was perhaps two years back. Now try perhaps Dirk Burkholz (dburkholz?) and Kristian (aka stormoog).

If nobody steps up within a week, I will edit database and proclaim a random user of choice new admin for life. And cage him so that he can't run away like the previous failed experiments 8)

German wiki is lately more offline than my grandmother :( edit: ok, now it is back. Probably bad timing (every day?).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Frank

Quote from: jamespetts on April 16, 2009, 07:55:51 PM
... Also, that wiki is in German - I cannot find the English version. ...

because nobody in the last 1 1/2 years managed the German translated into English

english development section

in english Mediawiki in last 1 years no write a user a longer texts

the English Mediawiki has not even the contents of the old English Tikiwikis after nearly 2 years

Quote from: VS on April 16, 2009, 08:43:07 PM
German wiki is lately more offline than my grandmother :( edit: ok, now it is back. Probably bad timing (every day?).

I have no problems, and I call on the wiki several times daily on

Seth C Triggs

If I may, I would maybe like to take a shot at at least trying to update a little bit of the Wiki reference- I've been playing with Simutrans for about 9 years now. And I will try to exploit as many of the features in some test games and perhaps have English text to contribute for the wiki.

Heheh though interestingly the development moves at light speed with Simutrans.

-Seth
Pak 128 user on Ubuntu Linux with Athlon XP 64, 2GB RAM, 256MB video memory

Dirk Burkholz

Quote from: VS on April 16, 2009, 08:43:07 PM
Seriously. Who is that mythical admin of English wiki? Last I remember it was Benjad - and that was perhaps two years back. Now try perhaps Dirk Burkholz (dburkholz?) and Kristian (aka stormoog).
I'm still administrating the English wiki and even seldomly adding new users. Unfortunately none of them are contributing currently...

sojo

Quote from: Dirk Burkholz on April 29, 2009, 04:16:36 PM
I'm still administrating the English wiki and even seldomly adding new users. Unfortunately none of them are contributing currently...
My idea was to make the english-wiki much better. This was for a lot of month. But I wanted no new dispute with Frank.

And I think the german-wiki can used with english. So is the english wiki important?

What wiki do you use? The german (in english) or the english?
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

vilvoh

Well, I've always considered that German wiki was and is more complete. It contains a lot of specific info about dat files and object attributes. English wiki is more general (how to install, how to play, tips, tricks, etc..)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

sojo

Quote from: vilvoh on April 29, 2009, 09:48:11 PM
Well, I've always considered that German wiki was and is more complete. It contains a lot of specific info about dat files and object attributes. English wiki is more general (how to install, how to play, tips, tricks, etc..)
Ok. But wich wiki do you suport?

vilvoh

mainly, the ES version of english wiki..

sojo

vilvoh

About what? Which wiki should the community support? Why not.. :)

sojo

Quote from: vilvoh on April 30, 2009, 09:34:03 AM
About what? Which wiki should the community support? Why not.. :)
Frank make a very good job at the german wiki. But we don't know what wiki will used from english-speaking people.

vilvoh

Do you mean if it's worth to translate the german wiki to english or use the *official* wiki and add new stuff there from german wiki?

sojo

I think, it is possible to translate at the german-wiki.

Edit: But this is not important, if all people search in the eng. Wiki. So we don't know what the user need.

vilvoh

Therefore, what we really need to know first is which wiki is more used. I suggest you to create a poll at Simutrans Discussion board with the following content:

Question: What wiki do you use/visit more?
Options: German wiki -- English wiki -- Native language wiki (ES, IT, JP, FR)--- wiki? what wiki?

sojo

How many wikis there are?
How are the Internet addresses?

First is the german wiki (TikiWiki): http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php (No english mainpage, I think)
Second the englisch wiki (MediaWiki): http://en.wiki.simutrans.com/index.php/Main_Page (some pages are in italian)

vilvoh

the Simutrans wiki frontpage is wiki.simutrans.com, from where you can access to EN, ES, JP, FR, DE and IT wikis.

sojo

Is this all the same MediaWiki? I mean, there is no cross-linking between this wikis.

Ok. I will build a poll.

Edit: Oh. I can't make a poll in Simutrans discussion.  :(

vilvoh

As far as I know, all are independent wikis, but actually I'm not sure at all.

For the poll, ask to an admin...

Frank

The question is not: Waht for wiki?

The question is: Dat reference from tikiwiki for all languages?

yes or no

vilvoh

From my part, I would use german wiki as Dat Reference for all languages and english wiki for the rest of things (tips, howto's, etc..)

Dirk Burkholz

Quote from: vilvoh on April 30, 2009, 03:01:21 PM
As far as I know, all are independent wikis, but actually I'm not sure at all.
The wikis are independent.

sojo

The german link at wiki.simutrans.com is broken. The www. is to much.

jamespetts

Really, it does not make any sense to have more than one wiki per language...