News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Unable to upgrade HQ in its existing location

Started by Severous, October 20, 2011, 08:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severous

Hi

Pak128 V110.0.1. r4359

I want to upgrade my company HQ building in exactly the same place as it is now.  But I cant.  It is annoying as the existing HQ has adequate transport connections.

I think the problem is this:
- The HQ needs a flat 3x3 area
- I used land tools to make the existing 3x3 HQ location flat. The initial HQ built ok.
- when I upgrade and click that location
- the existing HQ is removed
- the 3x3 land reverts to its original slopes (<---this is the problem)
- the increased level of HQ attempts to build but is unable to because the land is no longer 3x3 flat
- I can build the upgrade HQ somewhere else that is 3x3 flat
- If I change to land tools to re-level the original 3x3 HQ site the game forgets I want to upgrade HQ and will now build basic HQ again
Regards
Sev.

Dwachs

I have a patch for that, but could not commit it due to problems with svn :/ The patch allows to upgrade headquarters in-place, with the conditions that old and new headquarter have same size and same structure (ie holes at the same places).
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Severous

That was quick.  Will it work on a game in progress? if so would you like me to try it out?

If no fix was made I was planning to build the second level of HQ somewhere else. Then level the ground at the location where the first HQ was located, then build the third level of HQ back in its rightful place.
Regards
Sev.

Dwachs

please try with the next nightly, should be fixed now in r4869.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

boriselperro

Well, I'm in comic 192, and I also find that I cant upgrade the HQ from the basic form. When I read the above posts I realised mine didnt have room for a 3x3 flat , so I demolished and built it somewhere else with LOTS of flat space. But the "upgrade HQ" button is still greyed out. Tell you the truth, I dont mind really where it is located, but I just want to be able to upgrade it. Any ideas please? Many thanks in advance.

prissi

Are there more than one headquarter in this set?

Combuijs

The company you build the HQ for has enough money in the pockets?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

boriselperro

I dont know exactly how much you need to be able to pay for it and cant see where it tells you - but I have an account balance of 2.6 million, and net wealth of 9.4 million.

Combuijs

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs