News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Ship loading at incorrect port

Started by Severous, October 26, 2011, 09:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severous

Hi

This is Pak128 Britian. No add ons. Standard. v110.0.1 r4359

The catchment area is 4 tiles out in each direction from any stop/port.  In this game I have two nearby stations with overlapping areas.

The problem I have is ship loading.

The clipper is my Steel transport. Picks up steel from the 'Wolverhampton Steel Mill'. When I first placed the dock I order the ship to load right next to the dock. It worked fine.  Next time I played the loading point is now considered to be the other nearby station of 'Wolverhampton Dock'.

That was a problem as Steel was only available at the Steel Mill station. Steel wouldn't load. Steel had no route anymore. Stock of steel waiting to load had been lost.

I think the problem is that:
1) Ships do not need to be next to the Goods dock to load. They can load anywhere in the catchment area of the station.
2) Both stations overlap. The sea adjacent to the Goods Dock is in both stations areas.
3) The game on reloading changed the station the ship was considered to be loading from - despite being right next to the steel mill dock it considered the clipper was now loading at the more distant dock.

I overcame the problem by instructing the Clipper to load where you see it now - which is only in the area of the Steel Mill station.

This doesn't feel correct on game play or logical simulation grounds.  Ships should be forced to load from a tile adjacent to the docks and the station the game assigns must match the dock being used.

Has this issue been noticed/reported before?
Regards
Sev.

prissi

Usually the first in list is the next port. However, this is changed during loading. (Some revisions before, you could even load from a bus stop next to water.)

It can be cured a little. But generall avoid overlapping habours.

EDIT: now always loading first from closest stop, regardless if this has passengers or not.