News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Constraints for buildings

Started by VS, November 07, 2011, 04:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Quote from: VS on November 07, 2011, 01:08:32 PM
it's clear that high buildings probably need some space around them, and that is currently impossible.
Quote from: prissi on November 07, 2011, 03:09:17 PM
Or some gardens with low enough chance as buildings in between.

Then again, one would want the block buildings to form blocks, and the higher ones to build next to parks. Almost similar to vehicle constraints... (no, I'm not going to code this)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Costraints for buildings would be *JUST AWESOME*, I was abount to ask this many times.

If it ever gets implemented, I volunteer to help VS updating all the DATs (maybe with some kind of scripting considering levels for the most, manually working on the consistent sets like mine, Raven's, etc...)

VS

This is getting a bit off topic, but if awesome possibilities appear, I'm all for using them :P

edit: I'll just add that imho these should be fuzzy rather than precise logic, so chances rather than constraints. But if people want to discuss this, we better split the thread to keep reality and dreams apart.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wlindley

There are bits of this thread scattered around in the Pak128.Britain forum as well -- pertaining to Row Houses, and how it would be nice to have them prefer to appear in rows of identical houses... at the same time, cottages prefer to appear in groups of dissimilar houses.

If the same could apply to  Factories, it would wonderful if all the "city factories" (stores) in a city would clump together onto a typical British High Street... whereas "regular" factories would prefer to push apart and scatter around a city.

The Hood