News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[2 Simple Addons] Buildings (residential and commercial)

Started by stmaker, November 13, 2011, 06:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmaker

Here are my previews of what my buildings are and they are not COMPLETELY finished because there will be improvements before making them as .pak files.

Secret Hideout
(Somehow there is something wrong, will get onto it soon)

Preview 1

Preview 2
Movie Theater

These buildings might include a winter version but not 4-views.

Feedback (good or bad) will be appreciated so that I can improve. :)

Like them? Check my first older addon:

Eye-See Mart
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Delite

Looks pretty good, but I'm curious how the hideout actually works. Does it extend underground? I think this building would deserve a detailed description. (If anything is wrong, it would have to be that window. Looks a bit weird, reminds me of the openings in a bunker)

stmaker

Quote from: Delite on November 14, 2011, 03:17:14 AM
...I'm curious how the hideout actually works.

It works like a normal commercial building.

Quote from: Delite on November 14, 2011, 03:17:14 AM
Does it extend underground? I think this building would deserve a detailed description. (If anything is wrong, it would have to be that window. Looks a bit weird, reminds me of the openings in a bunker)

No, it doesn't as there were no such thing like this before.
I'll add the description when I finish the whole building.
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Václav

Quote from: stmaker on November 13, 2011, 06:43:20 AM

Secret Hideout
(Somehow there is something wrong, will get onto it soon)
If I see right, there is something like fence on eastern side - but it is almost invisible - for contrast against ground. So delte that fence - or change its colour.

Movie Theater
That text deserves better face - and texture on walls would be a little brighter.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

stmaker

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on November 14, 2011, 07:16:51 PM
If I see right, there is something like fence on eastern side - but it is almost invisible - for contrast against ground. So delte that fence - or change its colour.

Sure, I'll remove and add on other things.

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on November 14, 2011, 07:16:51 PM
That text deserves better face - and texture on walls would be a little brighter.

The choice of the building is usually black but I'll just increase its brightness.
Somehow the text is not that isometric. I have no idea how to make it one. :/

Václav

Quote from: stmaker on November 14, 2011, 11:49:17 PM
Somehow the text is not that isometric. I have no idea how to make it one. :/
It is based on software you use - but I think that the simpliest is preparing basic axis in main direction (along roof) - and few ones in vertical direction - and then to prepare text and shift it to it upper line will copy basic axis.

See attached picture for better realizing:
blue lines - original
green line - target
red text - original
yellow text - new face
violet arrow - shifting

I hope that it will help.

Fabio

Isn't movie theatre way too small? I would extend it to cover all the tile but for the parking area in front

stmaker

Quote from: fabio on November 15, 2011, 09:33:03 AM
Isn't movie theatre way too small? I would extend it to cover all the tile but for the parking area in front

Good thinking.

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on November 15, 2011, 08:54:13 AM

Thanks for the help. ;)

btw, where to make .pak files?

Václav

While I see you use Windows (based on graphic editors you wrote you are using), use PakHelper - and update makeobj to latest.

stmaker

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on November 15, 2011, 08:54:13 AM
It is based on software you use - but I think that the simpliest is preparing basic axis in main direction (along roof) - and few ones in vertical direction - and then to prepare text and shift it to it upper line will copy basic axis.

See attached picture for better realizing:
blue lines - original
green line - target
red text - original
yellow text - new face
violet arrow - shifting

Unfortunately, the feature doesn't work in Paint.NET (am using it for making addons).
Somehow, I can do on Paint only. Not in a pain in the neck for now.

Modified my movie theater:

Preview 2

I increased the size of the building and added some touch-ups like window and lighting (the sign also lights up). There's still improvements like I'll add something on top of the building and modify the way it looks.