The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: [Patch] cities bridge over rivers  (Read 1139 times)

Offline wlindley us

• Devotee
    • Hacking for fun and profit since 1977
  • Languages: EN, DE
[Patch] cities bridge over rivers
« on: November 23, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »
dwachs's patch to permit cities to build over rivers, adapted to Experimental (needed extra argument to baue_gebauede(koord, bool)) from here http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=8600.msg80179

Seems to work perfectly.  Note, even the latest git pull seems to still have the "duplicate city name with spurious white background" bug.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: [Patch] cities bridge over rivers
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:43:38 AM »
Is this the latest Git pull of master or 10.x? This has been fixed in more recent versions in other branches, but these have not been propagated, as there is a bug that I have been trying to fix in the revenue-sharing branch.

Thank you, in any event, for this: it might take me a little time to integrate this, since, as noted above, I have to fix a particularly tricky bug before I do anything else. This will make a real difference, though: it is very helpful to have adapted it.

Offline wlindley us

• Devotee
    • Hacking for fun and profit since 1977
  • Languages: EN, DE
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:02:25 AM »
That diff is against the latest git pull of 'master' ... I believe it should work in 10.x as well.

(Having 'master' checked out, I did a 'git checkout 10.x' [which noted simcity.cc as modified] and a 'git pull' ... and 'git diff' still returns the same thing as this diff; is that correct? 'git' is still a bit foreign to me.)

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 10:43:05 AM »
The differences between master and 10.x are very limited indeed - just one or two bug fixes, if that, I think. Most of the changes are on other branches.