News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Stuck Vehicle Problem

Started by Anderson, November 28, 2011, 10:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anderson

So I'm working with the British experimental pakset (lovely creation, I might add).  I put in a bunch of routes, and one accidentally goes over a bridge that is too weak, and a carriage gets stuck on there.  Oops.

I tried sending it back to the depot (it can't find a path), blowing up the bridge (it won't go because of the carriage), zapping the carriage (it can't be removed)...and so on.  Is there any way short of restarting to deal with this?  As an interim fix, I just built a new (stronger) bridge on one side and have been working around this, but it's getting old.

Combuijs

Select the carriage, press details. A window pops up. Then press sell. Your carriage is sold now and will be removed.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Anderson

Thanks a bunch.  No idea why that didn't come to me, but I'm still getting used to the game.

jamespetts

Anderson,

glad that you were able to find a solution to your problems; also - welcome to the forums! What you described actually should not have occurred in the first place, as, if they way was to heavy, the vehicle should not have moved onto it to start with. This particular bug might, however, be hard to track down if all that we now have is a saved game with it already having happened.

In any case, glad that your immediate problem was solved, at least!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.