News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Batillus Supertanker

Started by Zeno, November 22, 2008, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

The Batillus, built in 1976, was owned by Shell company. It was scrapped in 1985, as well as its three sisters (last one scrapped in 2003), because of the expensive running costs of its steam turbine engines. As simutrans doesn't penalise steam engines so much, I've decided to bring it back to life ;)
Speed: 30kmh
Capacity: 2300tn
Weight: 63000tn
Size: Huge!
Batillus info at Wikipedia
Some photos (IRL) here

In simutrans, next to an older tanker.

This one is carrying about 3.5 million barrels!!!

Originally posted here (in spanish). I'll post here any traduction if needed.
Download here.

gauthier

It's a nice one ! You made a very good work, don't stop  ;)

Just a question ... where is the download ?

Zeno

Sorry. Download was only in the spanish forum. Now you also have a link here :P

the almighty snark

Nice :D. Always good to see those huge tankers!

TommPa9

Fantastic! No comment! Nice ship but i have find one bug. In front view is on right site long white line

the almighty snark

I have the same error when it go's in tha direction. And the selection tile for the ship seems to be off to the right off it.

Zeno

Ouch!  :o
I'm getting to it! I got some problems with those lines... but I thought it was over! >:(

Edit: Ok, now the pak file is updated!! Re-download!

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on November 23, 2008, 01:04:13 PM
Ouch!  :o
I'm getting to it! I got some problems with those lines... but I thought it was over! >:(

Edit: Ok, now the pak file is updated!! Re-download!
I think that Emma has the same problem

Zeno

Quote from: ariarinen on November 24, 2008, 04:30:59 PM
I think that Emma has the same problem
I thought I never released her... Anyway, I'll have to take a look when got some time. Thanks!

VS

Quote from: Zeno on November 24, 2008, 04:45:05 PM
I thought I never released her...
You wish. My monster-ship screenshot will dominate the world! :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ariarinen

Quote from: VS on November 24, 2008, 04:59:52 PM
You wish. My monster-ship screenshot will dominate the world! :D
Yeah, I have a fleet of 40 Emma's and 20 of Batillus, so more monster-ships.

I have 56 and 78 now  ::)   

gauthier

I don't use much boats because ... I don't like boats :D
I prefer trains or maglevs (I often build under sea tunnels) but Batillus is nice, thumbs up !

Zeno

gauthier

it depends the size of the sea. I it's too expensive I use planes.

ariarinen

Quote from: gauthier on November 25, 2008, 07:39:28 PM
I don't use much boats because ... I don't like boats :D
I prefer trains or maglevs (I often build under sea tunnels) but Batillus is nice, thumbs up !
I prefer planes, and trains to my oil and goods hubs, can you do under sea tunnels on 128 as well have to try. I like anything that wont require a road, I just finished a 4 million rail network to support the huge shipments so it cheaper to fly them in or ship them in.

gauthier

Quotecan you do under sea tunnels on 128 as well have to try

??? Sorry but I don't understand your sentence ...

ariarinen

Quote from: gauthier on November 28, 2008, 04:50:41 PM
??? Sorry but I don't understand your sentence ...
I thought that underground was only possible on pak 64

Václav

I downloaded it few whiles ago but I think that too great for transportation on rivers. But for seas it could be good.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

ariarinen

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on December 01, 2008, 11:46:41 AM
I downloaded it few whiles ago but I think that too great for transportation on rivers. But for seas it could be good.
I think that you would need quite big river as the ship is 414.22 metres x    63.01 metres x 35.01 metres to not get stuck and how many rivers are 35 meters deep  ::)

DirrrtyDirk

I doubt that the 35m is the draft(draught), sounds more like either overall height or height above waterline - but not draft.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

ariarinen

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on December 01, 2008, 04:17:33 PM
I doubt that the 35m is the draft(draught), sounds more like either overall height or height above waterline - but not draft.
Draught: 28.5 metres  and the Depth: 35.01 metres

Mac_#71

I found another bug of Batillus: it seems that his plan has moved one space to the north-west compared to the position of the object, this is the result ... ::)
La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

jbode

Quote from: Mac_#71 on December 02, 2008, 08:48:33 PM
I found another bug of Batillus: it seems that his plan has moved one space to the north-west

ohhhh, might be afraid of the ferry?!?

SCNR - Jörg

Zeno

Quote from: Mac_#71 on December 02, 2008, 08:48:33 PM
I found another bug of Batillus: it seems that his plan has moved one space to the north-west compared to the position of the object, this is the result ... ::)

I had several problems with the offset when compiling the object, but I've been quite busy last days  :(
Now I see the *real* problem I'll spend some time to solve it this weekend. Thanks a lot for that screenshot, it's very descriptive!! ;)

VS

This might be my fault... with the first big plane, I simply moved it the same distance in x and y - but that is not how things really should work; the offset should be calculated from distance of upper left corners of tiles in the two sizes, when aligned by center of game-visible tile.

EDIT:
http://graphics.simutrans.com/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=13

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Quote from: VS on December 04, 2008, 09:14:00 AM
This might be my fault... with the first big plane, I simply moved it the same distance in x and y - but that is not how things really should work; the offset should be calculated from distance of upper left corners of tiles in the two sizes, when aligned by center of game-visible tile.
Ah, I see... yes, it's easy to understand. And pretty logical.
Btw, is there any existing way to calculate the needed offset or I'll have to find out myself?

vilvoh

I think it can be easily calculated if you use Tilecutter.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

In the example it's -32 in x and -48 in y axis, for 128 on 64.

The formula is probably very easy...
offx = delta x / 2
offy = delta y * 3/4
... I think.

Zeno

Uhm... looks easy ;) I'll try it maybe tomorrow or saturday. I hope it gets also better centered in the depot 8)

Zeno

I've updated the link. Now is correctly aligned (thanx Mac_#71 and VS!!).
The formula works. But now... is there any way of keeping it stucking the nose on land??  ;D

VS

No.

Yes. Build one more tile of canal.

Zeno