News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

SMSC January 2012 Edition: From bridge to bridge at countryside

Started by vilvoh, January 02, 2012, 12:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

New year and new edition of the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The January's topic is From bridge to bridge at countryside, so use your best countryside landscape with a couple of bridges, no matter rail or road. Some inspiration... http://vimeo.com/1274678

Rules

• Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: From bridge to bridge at countryside
  • You may use any pakset you want
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at 16th January. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

The Hood

Glad I just released a version of pak128.Britain with lots of new bridges now!  Might even enter some of the demo screenshots myself.  Love the video anyway, my local line (almost!).

EDIT:  pak128.Britain concept screenshot, i.e. not a real game.

A new high speed rail line crosses the Brent valley up in the mountains.

vilvoh

Quote from: The Hood on January 02, 2012, 01:04:56 PM
EDIT: can I have two entries? Both of these fit the requirements I think.  Both are pak128.Britain and both are concept screenshots, i.e. not a real game.
I'm afraid it's not possible...
Quote from: vilvoh on January 02, 2012, 12:32:41 PM
Rules

• Only one picture per user

The Hood

D'oh.  Not sure how I missed that.  I've chosen one of them and edited my post.

vilvoh

sonik

That is my last work in Photoshop before New Year holidays.  I am not sure it enters under the terms of the competition or not, but for the topic, I think, it falls into.

Description: The new bridge and diving into the ground tunnel to the railway station of the city of Grodnetsk will bring new possibilities for local industries and potential clients for entrepreneurs from the nearby business center Solodetsk. Now the old railway of the Grodnetsk countryside, earlier operated only by local coalmines, expanding its use in the region.

Tech: Pak128. I used Photoshop for effects. But all objects from the real game and mods.

PS: Please do not strictly respond to my request, because this is my first active participation in this forum. Tnx and Happy New Year!

vilvoh

Well, it has a couple of bridges, but I would add more country (rivers, trees, farms, mountains, etc..) and less city (comercial, industrial and residential buildings) It's just a suggestion...  ;)

Spacethingy

Quote from: sonik on January 02, 2012, 10:24:29 PM
That is my last work in Photoshop before New Year holidays.  I am not sure it enters under the terms of the competition or not, but for the topic, I think, it falls into.

Description: The new bridge and diving into the ground tunnel to the railway station of the city of Grodnetsk will bring new possibilities for local industries and potential clients for entrepreneurs from the nearby business center Solodetsk. Now the old railway of the Grodnetsk countryside, earlier operated only by local coalmines, expanding its use in the region.

Tech: Pak128. I used Photoshop for effects. But all objects from the real game and mods.

PS: Please do not strictly respond to my request, because this is my first active participation in this forum. Tnx and Happy New Year!

Welcome to the forums!  :D I love that effect - am I wrong, or is called the "toy-town" effect or something like that? Gives a nice sense of depth.
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

mEGa

Hi guys

My proposition to this contest : Maglevs crossing bridges by night

snapshot of my big real game. Pak 128 with french SNFOS addons (maglevs sets...) from Simutrans 110.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Carl

My first SMSC entry!  :)

Title: Autumn River Crossing

Description: The city in the distance marks an important railway crossroads, as well as an interchange for bus journeys into the nearby picturesque countryside.

Taken from a real game in pak.German (with many addons, including some of my own).