News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Locomotive to go with Renfe_Z-2000 car?

Started by Fraoch, December 19, 2011, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraoch

(Simutrans 111.0 with pak128 2.0.0 on Ubuntu 11.10)

This seems like the holy grail of passenger cars (high capacity AND high speed!) but frustratingly there does not seem to be a locomotive to power this car.

I tried all sorts of combinations and then did a final verification by buying a car and unselecting "Show All" in the depot.  No locomotives or electrics are listed that can go with this car.

Hopefully this isn't just a bug and isn't meant to tease us. :D

Zeno

You're right, it's like the holy grail, and there's no engine to pull it. I'm fixing both things ;)
Thanks for your report!

Edit:
Fixed DATs, will be available for testing in new nightlies.
Sightly lowered capacity (120 -> 90) to fit into pak better, such an amount of pax at 250km/h was obviously abusive. Changed prices accordingly.
Also fixed constraints, now it should be able to be pulled by most Renfe locomotives. That was the original idea, but if you require to remove these constraints and allow any other loco to pull it it is also possible.

DirrrtyDirk

Hmm in my pak 128 version there were two locomotives capable of pulling it... one much slower (Renfe 269 Altaria) and the other just slightly slower than the passenger car (Renfe 252 Altaria) with 230km/h...

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Zeno

That's right, Dirk, but also the 333, the 316 and the 319 should also be able to pull it now (all of them diesels and quite slow ones).
These constraints were in the DAT, but the names pointed addon loco names instead of the "official" versions.
Anyway, that wagon should be pulled always by the 252 no matter all the other constraints, don't need to mention why  ;)

Fraoch

Excellent, thank you Zeno!

Quote from: Zeno on December 19, 2011, 10:00:46 PM
Sightly lowered capacity (120 -> 90) to fit into pak better, such an amount of pax at 250km/h was obviously abusive. Changed prices accordingly.

Oh well.  Still good enough to replace my Bm235s hauled by BR-103s.  :-)