News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

for Christmas: the Easter egg that nobody found yet

Started by VS, December 21, 2011, 07:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

I assume pretty much everyone drawing for Simutrans is acquainted with Shades or at least heard of it. Well, today I thought... did anyone discover the **** easter egg already? Nope. And it's been "only" six years, so I'm giving in. Here you go, the 62 kB that you did not find :P So, what's in the 2005 photo, what changed and what stayed?

• It must have been shot with my old phone, which still works, although only as a backup.
  • The font is Courier New, which I abandoned in favour or DejaVu Sans monospace about 3-4 years back. No cleartype back then... :)
  • Computer is the old one, still usable as well, but unused. Monitor has "gone upstairs" too...
  • Keyboard! I loved that one, it was really sturdy. Most missed of everything visible.
  • Table is still in use.
  • Discman... well, it was the previous decade. Also, the great headphones that I kept repairing, even though various people have sat on them so many times.
  • That sweater, also sorely missed ::(
  • Chemistry textbook, still have it somewhere, no interest, thank you :)
  • The Indestructible Broken Brown Chair - still going strong!
  • Lamp also joined the RIP ranks, after discovering the tube can be changed only zero times.
  • Blue ball is still behind me, just as then.
  • Poster on the left tore just a year ago ::(
  • Picture to the right is still there.
  • Cables to the right are history, too.
  • Carpet changed from blue (not that you could tell from this) to green.
  • And I think the thing on top of pile on lamp's base is the box with six Rachmaninov CDs.
...and I could say I'm still the same guy, but... nope :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ӔO

My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Isaac Eiland-Hall

sdog

wlindley

Umm.... What's Shades?  (Google isn't helping me here.)

Zeno

Quote from: wlindley on December 21, 2011, 08:02:02 PM
Special color editor by VS. The acronim stands for Special Hue And Dedicated color Editor for Simutrans...

VS

Quote from: AEO on December 21, 2011, 07:27:01 PM
I have to ask, where was it hidden in?
Not saying ;D But you certainly have it. You can still get the thrill of attacking the exceutable with disassembler and such and finding out hot to invoke this properly...

Quote from: sdog on December 21, 2011, 07:44:34 PM
you are a very constant person :-)
In a way, yes. If you're comparing this with my G+ profile - I grew a better facial hair beard since then, but the rest is rather identical. Changes happened in the implementation, not interface :P

Quote from: wlindley on December 21, 2011, 08:02:02 PM
See: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5389.0

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

I think that I remember having seen it, but not sure though... maybe you shown me in the past, or maybe it was an accident :P

Fabio

Attention, man at work!!!

So we can picture you now maintaining our awesome pakset ;D

ӔO

Quote from: Zeno on December 21, 2011, 08:19:22 PM
Special color editor by VS. The acronim stands for Special Hue And Dedicated color Editor for Simutrans...

I didn't even know it was an acronym :o
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Zeno

Quote from: AEO on December 22, 2011, 11:25:47 AM
I didn't even know it was an acronym :o
Neither did I until I read it in the help dialog... :P

DirrrtyDirk

Although I'm not sure what came first the name or the meaning...
I think I remember the meaning being constructed after the name, but maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

Yes, Isaac invented the acronym afterwards :) And IIRC the name was invented by Kristian or Vilvoh... There's a thread somewhere in the archive with all this.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Did I? Er, I mean... Of course I did! heh. Sounds like something I'd try and do, though. :)

VS

Zeno

Isaac Eiland-Hall

By golly. I did.

I have absolutely no current memory of writing any of that. hehe. ADHD is a pain sometimes. :-/