News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Private Road Barrier

Started by Vonjo, June 14, 2012, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonjo

This is the road barrier which is used in pak128.britain (and pak64).
It is usefull if you think pak128 bollards is too small and hard to see.
It can be used for online game.
Note : It replaces the original pak128 bollards.

Fabio

The problem with this barrier (as well as for bollards) is that if you have a road with forbidden access, you see the other player(s)' vehicles running straight through the barrier. It's pretty ugly to see. I'm actually considering if it could be made a kind of traffic light/limited access area (e.g. signs on the asphalt plus a red/green light plus some player colour sign of access forbidden.

Vonjo

You are right. ;)
Quote from: Fabio on June 14, 2012, 09:10:32 PMI'm actually considering if it could be made a kind of traffic light/limited access area (e.g. signs on the asphalt plus a red/green light plus some player colour sign of access forbidden.
I like that idea. :D

VS

Was there any problem with sign frontimages that prevented that from happening? I would prefer some signalling method instead of obstructing the path physically, too...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!