News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

My stops are getting dull names; how to make them more poetic ?

Started by missingpiece, January 07, 2012, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missingpiece

Hi crowd !

I am now playing on pak128, and unfortunately I am noticing that the stop names given automatically are really dull. See screenshot attached. It is the city name, then a number, then some string and finally "station". When I had been playing pak64, the stops were named after the industry they connected to. How can I mimick the same behavior in pak128 ? Which translations are influencing the automatic stop naming ?

mEGa

Hi,
I noticed too. Only curiosities offer their names to stations and not the industries.
I don't know what.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

DirrrtyDirk

It's a setting in simuconf.tab.

Look for
#numbered_stations = 0
in pak128's simuconf.tab

and remove the "#" if it is in front of that line.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

missingpiece

Thanks, DirrrtyDirk. I knew it had to be a setting.  ???

Now, the next problem is : I removed the hash in my personal simuconf.tab ( located in MyDocuments/simutrans ), restarted the game, built a station; and the station still got a number. Should the personal simuconf.tab not override any program or pak-related file ?

EDIT : removed the hash in program files/simutrans/pak128/conf/simuconf.tab, but that neither did the trick.  :-[

Václav

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on January 07, 2012, 06:09:08 PM
It's a setting in simuconf.tab.

Look for
#numbered_stations = 0
in pak128's simuconf.tab

and remove the "#" if it is in front of that line.
Or, if I am not wrong, this is also in start game settings dialogue - but I don't know if this runs right or not (like tree_info disabled in that dialogue and also in simuconf.tab but still enabled - I called this problem quite long time ago but nobody answered). Some options set in that dialogue run right - but else ones not.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

prissi

YOu can add en entry to menuconf.tab to call up the settings dialog, change this setting and save the game.

Václav

jamespetts

If you add

dialog_tool[27]=,i

to menuconf.tab, pressing the "i" key will bring up the in game settings dialogue, which allows selected simuconf.tab settings to be changed in game. This is set by default in Pak128.Britain-Ex.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Václav