News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

One transformer for one factory only! Why?

Started by stmaker, November 14, 2011, 12:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmaker

I am quite annoyed that I only need to place one transformer to a factory. Why?
I remembered that on v102.2.2 where we can place multiple transformers for faster rate of production.
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

greenling

The limit from one transformer to a Factory.
It a product from prissi.He hat be give the order to limit powergenarting.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

Not true, this results from the factory boost code (which I cannot take credit for, rather Knightly, Turfit and Dwachs). It defines now the amount of power a factory can consume and the maximum increase in the pak files. Thus it became just meaningless to connect more than one transformer. However, the factories not do not consume while not producing, so you do not loose much. And many factories increase their production with passengers and mail delivered to them, so there is now incentive for full coverage of factories (although I am not sure if pak128 uses this feature at all).

greenling

why gives than the limit from on transformer by the powerplant?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

stmaker

Quote from: prissi on November 14, 2011, 09:36:47 PM
It defines now the amount of power a factory can consume and the maximum increase in the pak files. Thus it became just meaningless to connect more than one transformer. However, the factories not do not consume while not producing, so you do not loose much. And many factories increase their production with passengers and mail delivered to them, so there is now incentive for full coverage of factories (although I am not sure if pak128 uses this feature at all).

So the transformer and all the electricity is useless for factory and only for earning money out of it? Passengers needed for factories?

Mhm interesting.
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

prissi

It now depends on the factory. The statistics in the factory window will tell you more, like power demand and so on. A forest will not produce more trees with electricity, neither a fish pond. A supermarket will consume much more with customers ... It is now everything in the pak of each factory.

Look at the factories in pak64, as I am not sure how much attention this got for pak128 open.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Canalla

a trick to have many processors is that both versions have the same bone pak and version 102.2.2 and 110.0.1 and put the old transformers
then save the game and play with the 110
No era para acerte asustar,yo te dije que te iba a buscar,yo te avise,los trapos te robe,vos decias que eras la mas popular pero con central no te plantas,sos un C.....,te cuida el batallon.Central vos mi pasion,locura de mi vida,sentimiento que entendemos los que damos la vida por vos,aunque hoy no me des la gloria ya me alcanza con que existas...Esta es la banda canalla llegaron LOS GUERREROS,Re loco donde juegues,esta es tu gente y aunque estemos en las malas y nos fuimos al decenso,vos sos un sentimiento NUNCA TE VOY A ABANDONAAAAAR
Saludos Atte. Canalla.

Václav

Quote from: prissi on November 14, 2011, 09:36:47 PM
And many factories increase their production with passengers and mail delivered to them, so there is now incentive for full coverage of factories (although I am not sure if pak128 uses this feature at all).
I am not sure with effect of delivered mail but effect of coming people is clear. But I have not still did inspection if it has any effect - like you say that you are not sure if pak128 uses this feature.

Quote from: prissi on November 15, 2011, 10:28:46 AM
It now depends on the factory. The statistics in the factory window will tell you more, like power demand and so on. A forest will not produce more trees with electricity, neither a fish pond. A supermarket will consume much more with customers ... It is now everything in the pak of each factory.
Effect of electricity on forest and fish pond is at least odd - when it is such production that electricity cannot has real effect.

But there is, for some time, something more on electrification of factories. May it be bug or not, I really don't know. In dialogue of factories red lightning is displayed after number of maximum production also if factory is not connected to electricity net - but originally that red lightning was displayed only if factory was connected.

And also I saw that this number of maximum production is the same at all times - it means if factory is supplied or not. And it is quite strange.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Dwachs

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on December 13, 2011, 08:48:59 AM
But there is, for some time, something more on electrification of factories. May it be bug or not, I really don't know. In dialogue of factories red lightning is displayed after number of maximum production also if factory is not connected to electricity net - but originally that red lightning was displayed only if factory was connected.
This icon indicates that the factories production will increase if power is supplied. There are similar icons for passengers and mail shown if factory production can be boosted by passenger/mail.

If the power supply has an effect on production, an lightning icon is shown on the picture of the factory.

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Václav

So, then it would be good if there would be shown basic level of production and also level of production under supply with electricity - if electricity has effect on production. May be that there could be switch button - to see one of both choices.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Dwachs

This can be seen in the factory window: chart -> Max Boost % -> Electricity / Passenger / Mail

This shows the maximum possible production increase in percent.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.