News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[10.5 bug] Busses suddenly choose a different (long!) route

Started by Guvnor, January 12, 2012, 01:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guvnor

Hello,

I just started a new game using 10.5 Experimental.  Things were going great until a pair of buses traveling happily between the two stops in the screen shot suddenly rerouted and took a different path.  This different path takes them many game months to traverse.  After experimenting a bit I determined that they could not find a route from the leftmost station to the rightmost.  I deleted the rightmost station and moved it two tiles.  I recreated the line and the buses routed correctly for about six months.  Then I noticed they suddenly starting taking the long way again.  It might have corresponded to when the leftmost station hit capacity.

Dave

jamespetts

Without testing, I suspect that the issue is weight limits, and not actually a bug: if the 'bus is full, it will be heavier than if it is empty. If that bridge in the middle's weight limit is can take the weight of the 'bus empty but not full, it will have to re-route to avoid the bridge if it is too heavy when full. The best solution here is either to upgrade the bridge, or to use a larger number of lighter 'buses.

(The rerouting did not occur when you deleted the stop, I suspect, because it would take some while for passengers to return to your route after you did that).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Guvnor

You were 100% correct James.  The buses were too heavy for that bridge.  I've upgraded the bridge and all is well.

Thanks,

Dave

jamespetts

Glad that that's fixed for you. Incidentally, welcome to the forums!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.